Southern Company Augusta GA Georgia
2 weeks ago
P&C Field Services Engineer / Associate / Technician – Central Georgia (Multiple Locations...
This posting is for Protection & Control Field Services Engineer & Technician positions based in the Transmission Maintenance Centers. These positions will be filled as Non-Exempt positions in the Protection & Control Field Services Engineer/Technician family, with the pay and level commensurate with the qualifications, education, and experience of the successful candidate. This posting is for several vacancies at multiple locations in Central Georgia, including Augusta, and Macon area. Service area for Augusta, Georgia locations include Burke, Columbia, Glascock, Jefferson, Lincoln, McDuffie, Richmond, Taliaferro, Warren, and Wilkes counties. Service area for Macon, Georgia locations include Bibb, Baldwin, Houston, Laurens, Monroe, and other surrounding counties. Interested candidates should select all locations they are interested in working.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the Protection & Control (P&C) Field Services activities in their respective area. Safety and Quality are paramount in this position. The successful candidate will be expected to learn and apply switching procedures and safety measures. The candidate will be expected to plan and complete projects safely, efficiently, on schedule, and without service interruptions.
Candidates Selected to interview will be chosen from the applicants based on fit with the job requirements listed below.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
• 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or
• 4-year BS Degree in Engineering Technology, or
• Professional Engineering License, or
• 2-year technical degree in electrical maintenance, or
• Equivalent applicable experience (Examples: Substation electrician, technician, wiremen, electrician, etc.)
• P&C Field Services experience
• Electric power utility transmission construction, maintenance, or operations experience
• Related substation experience (P&C Applications, Design, Construction, Major Equipment, Project Management, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
• Knowledge of 3-phase power systems, AC/DC Protection & Control Schemes, Fault Analysis
• Familiar with test equipment such as voltmeters, ammeters, ohmmeters, communications instruments, and computerized relay test sets.
• Candidate must possess ability to solve problems and make decisions while managing projects with multiple priorities
• Ability to communicate across multiple work groups including customers, covered employees, and leadership
• Familiar with computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office products (Word, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Successful candidates shall participate in callout rotation and be available to respond to outages or other abnormal conditions outside of their normal work schedule.
• Overnight travel is sometimes required.
• Safety sensitive position subject to relevant pre-employment screening(s) to determine fitness for duty.
• Field position requiring the physical ability to operate manual switches and work in a substation environment.
• Must live in/near or be willing to relocate within reasonable distance to the office location.
• Must be able to pass the standard Southern Company background check, drug screen, and NERC Background check.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND BEHAVIORAL ATTRIBUTES
• Commissioning, testing, maintaining, and troubleshooting protective relaying, controls, and communication equipment associated with substation and transmission power lines.
• Complete construction projects and substation routines as assigned, ensuring they are completed without service interruptions. This includes managing clearances effectively to meet quality, schedule, and budget targets.
• Coordinating substation outages and commissioning activities with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Handle trouble calls as needed.
• Develop and use safe and efficient work practices to prevent safety and operational incidents. Follow formal written requirements. Conduct job briefings to identify and mitigate safety and operational risks.
• Develop and share technical expertise in 3-phase power, relaying, SCADA, and substation testing techniques with others through daily work.
• Isolate hazards and damaged equipment during emergencies to safely and efficiently restore service
• Model “Our Values”: Safety Excellence, Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance, and Total Commitment
• Incorporate Human Performance tools into daily work practices
• Support GPC’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goals
• Self-motivated to produce results without direct supervision
• Customer focus
• Desires hands-on field experience likes working outdoors
• Questioning attitude
• Active learner seeking to expand knowledge of GPC and Southern Company maintenance practices, guidelines, and procedures for substation and line major equipment and relays.
Georgia Power Company has classified this position as “Safety Sensitive’ and as such is subject to relevant pre-employment screening(s) to determine fitness for duty. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the applicant successfully completing all required fitness assessment.
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities
Georgia Power is the largest electric subsidiary of Southern Company (NYSE: SO), America's premier energy company. Value, Reliability, Customer Service and Stewardship are the cornerstones of the Company's promise to 2.6 million customers in all but four of Georgia's 159 counties. Committed to delivering clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy at rates below the national average, Georgia Power maintains a diverse, innovative generation mix that includes nuclear, coal and natural gas, as well as renewables such as solar, hydroelectric and wind. Georgia Power focuses on delivering world-class service to its customers every day and the Company is consistently recognized by J.D. Power and Associates as an industry leader in customer satisfaction. For more information, visit www.GeorgiaPower.com and connect with the Company on Facebook (Facebook.com/GeorgiaPower), Twitter (Twitter.com/GeorgiaPower) and Instagram (Instagram.com/ga_power).
Southern Company (NYSE: SO ) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Central Georgia-Macon
Operating Company: Georgia Power Company
Other Locations: Georgia-East Georgia-Augusta
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Union Covered: No
Key Street Division - 960 Key Street (960MACON)
960 Key Street
Augusta North Leg - 2103 North Leg Drive (2103AUGUSTA)
2103 North Leg Drive
Req ID: GPC2009592
Augusta GA USA
P&C Test Engineer, Engineer Associate, or Technician - Central GA Augusta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.