California State University
California State University Monterey CA United States
2 weeks ago
Visiting Professor of Business Analytics & Information Systems
Apply now Job no: 527140...
Work type: Instructional Faculty - Temporary/Lecturer
Location: Monterey Bay
Categories: Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Temporary, Full Time, Faculty - Business/Management
Visiting Professor of Business Analytics & Information Systems
College of Business
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) is a mid-sized comprehensive baccalaureate and masters granting university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives through a focus on student success and engagement through project-based learning, service learning in its regional community, and the promotion of multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond campus. CSUMB is both a Minority Serving Institution (MSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and has a vibrant, diverse student body of over 7,400 students.
The university's Strategic Plan prioritizes inclusive excellence through recruiting and investing in the development of a diverse body of faculty, staff, and administrators. CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral by 2030. The university's faculty and staff, many of whom live in the East Campus housing development, appreciate living and working so close to the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, CSUMB offers excellent benefits, including access to below-market rate campus housing and competitive salaries for faculty and staff.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate a commitment to teaching excellence and student success at the university level. The successful candidate must have the ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Lecturers are required to maintain additional hours outside the classroom to provide assistance to students. Specific assignments are dependent upon department needs. Candidates may be called upon to teach in a distance education mode.
• Teaching undergraduate and/or graduate level courses drawn from one or several areas of Business Analytics and Information Systems.
• Facilitating engaged learning to promote student success in an outcomes-based education environment.
• Contributing to continuous improvement in undergraduate and graduate curriculum design and delivery.
• If engaging in continuous scholarly activities in order to maintain Scholarly Academic (SA) status consistent with AACSB standards, the reduced teaching load would consist of 12 credits per semester (typically three four-credit classes). Otherwise, teaching load is 16 credits per semester.
• Participating actively and exercising collaborative peer leadership in college-level and university-level administrative committees.
• Contribute to CSUMB vision by serving the public and the profession. Mentoring students and helping them network with firms for internships and jobs.
• Although preference is given to candidates who hold a Ph.D. in Business Analytics, Information Systems, or a related field by the time of appointment from a regionally and/or AACSB or EQUIS accredited program, applicants with a relevant master's degree or ABD candidates in these fields will also be considered.
• Scholarly Academic (SA) or Practitioner Academic (PA) status consistent with AACSB standards.
• Sensitivity working effectively in an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community and business community.
• Experience in teaching Business Analytics and Information Systems courses at the undergraduate level that require knowledge and skills of Python, SAS, R, Excel, and Tableau is a plus.
• Ability to teach a range of Business Analytics and Information Systems courses effectively in various delivery modalities (face-to-face, hybrid, fully online).
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues.
• Ability to work with the business community and community organizations to further the goals of the students, college, and university.
• Demonstrate evidence of excellence in undergraduate teaching and mentorship in the Business Analytics and Information Systems area.
• Have industry/professional experience in the area of business analytics and information systems.
• Demonstrate a proven research record and show an interest in any area of Business Analytics and Information Systems leading to academic publications or funded research.
• Demonstrated understanding and commitment to CSUMB's Vision.
• Type of Appointment: Full-time, Temporary
• One-year, full-time, non-renewable academic position
• Classification: Academic Year Faculty
• Collective Bargaining Unit: R03
• Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $100,008
• Priority Screen Date: May 2, 2023
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding health, dental & vision plans; a fee waiver education program; and membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). For more information, visit: CSU Benefits Summary. Additionally, University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability, visit: Employee Housing.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
The incumbent is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Education's Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California's Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Interim Policy, all students and employees are required to submit their vaccination status to the Otter Vaccination Registry and are encouraged to be vaccinated.
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application and submit required documents by the priority screening date found at csumb.edu/jobs. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389.
Working in the State of California is a condition of employment.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://csumb.edu/clery
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Advertised: April 18, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Monterey CA USA
Jobs in Monterey CA United States
Visiting Professor of Business Analytics & Information Systems Monterey jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.