Google Eemshaven Netherlands
3 weeks ago
Plant Engineer, Electrical, Data Center Operations
• Bachelor's degree in me Mchanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Manufacturing, or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience in project and facilities management.
• Experience managing multiple projects with geographically dispersed, cross-functional stakeholders.
• License/certification in one Mechanical, Electrical, or Plumbing (MEP) discipline or equivalent experience with facilities in a critical environment.
• Experience as a supervisor/manager with an assigned technical team.
• Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
About the job
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and HVAC systems in the world. Facilities Technicians at Google data centers operate, monitor and support physical facilities conditions. Some of these duties will include heating and cooling of air and water, power supply... generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems. You regularly help inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems such as piping and non-critical electrical or mechanical system components).
You provide daily assistance to senior technicians as you read blueprints/schematics, conduct tours of systems and assess their working order.
As a master of exceptional practices, you develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall data center efficiency. You ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met, identifying problems and making repairs quickly In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
As a Data Center Operations Plant Engineer, you are a leader of environmental practices. The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated and efficient electrical and HVAC systems — using 50% less energy than most data centers around the world. Our engineers are continually seeking different approaches to reducing operational costs while improving efficiencies through the operation and maintenance of water pumps and treatment systems, HVAC, UPS, generators, electrical distribution, and control and monitoring systems.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
• Provide effective shift leadership for successful critical system troubleshooting, unit commissioning, repairs/replacements with little to no supervision in quality, quantity, and timeliness as assigned.
• Operate critical plant equipment as authorized by facilities manager.
• Provide coordination/input for global facilities programs.
• Respond to critical data center events and alarms in accordance with ERGs and be responsible for being a point of escalation on operational issues.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and Know your rights:
workplace discrimination is illegal . If you have a need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles
Plant Engineer, Electrical, Data Center Operations Eemshaven jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.