GKN Aerospace Papendrecht Netherlands
2 weeks ago
Position: Sr. Transmission / Tribology Engineer
Requisition 10370 - Posted 05/11/2023 - Netherlands - Papendrecht
How do you contribute as an Transimission & Tribology Engineer?
Wear and friction are the natural result of a mechanical interaction of surfaces moving relative to each other. Every mechanical contact, for example from heat or different environmental factors, runs a different risk of contamination, damage or even breakage. To adapt, investigate and solve this behavior we are looking for a senior transmission and tribology engineer. For the Technology & Engineering (T&E) department of GKN/Fokker Landing Gear we are looking for a Senior Transmission & Tribology Engineer for the Engineering Sustaining and Support team.
The position is a multidisciplinary role that requires not only extensive technical knowledge but also organizational skills. As you may understand, your proactive, self-starting competencies are needed to fulfill this position. Once you have previously... worked in a multi-disciplinary environment and because you are familiar with production engineering, testing and certification, you can handle our difficulties and complexities in transmission and tribology matters.
What are your responsibilities in this role?
As a Senior Transmission & Tribology Engineer your most important responsibilities are all activities concerning:
• Being the main point of contact for the Technical Project leads for Design/Development related questions
• Consulting and guiding Development Engineers
• Solving issues within the qualified design by root cause analysis and practical problem solving.
• Reviewing and approving dispositions for non-conforming parts proposed by Production Engineers or suppliers.
• Defining, elaborating and implementation of changes to existing designs.
• Developing and reviewing maintenance, repair and overhaul instructions.
• Supporting proposals of new Landing Gear and/or Arresting Gear development programs as a senior Design/Development Engineer
• (an assigned part of) the development process within a project.
• Defining and checking design concepts and solutions within system requirements.
• Planning and budgeting of the assigned field during technical product development
• Check and approval of design definition in (CAD)-drawings, part lists and product specifications.
• Continuous improvement of the department and of the internal procedures and instructions of your field (Design & Development).
• Correct technical content of deliverables within your field (Design & Development).
• Development of new or adapted methodologies and working methods within your field
• Quality and safety within both your own position, department and company.
What is required for this role?
For this position it is required that you are in possession of:
• Bachelor or Master in Aerospace Engineering, Automotive Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
• 5 – 10 years working experience in a technical function in aerospace or a comparable environment.
• Good analytical skills in combination with a practical attitude.
• Affinity and experience with transmission gear boxes and related tribology aspects
• Basic knowledge of manufacturing and inspections of gears and gearboxes.
• Affinity with complex technical systems like landing or arresting gear.
• Good analytical skills including experience in the area of Stress & Fatigue.
• Experienced in writing of technical documentation in English
About Fokker | GKN Aerospace
GKN Aerospace was founded in 1759 and in more than 260 years we have grown to become one of the biggest engineering players in the aircraft industry worldwide. Fokker joint the GKN Aerospace in 2016 and since then develops, builds and supplies a comprehensive range of advanced aerospace systems, components and technologies – for use in aircraft ranging from business jets, helicopters and military aircraft to the most widely used single aisle and largest passenger aircraft in the world.
The young Anthony Fokker always had big plans, and his legacy has never been lost. Our current challenges nowadays are sustainability. We are currently working on an emission-free regional aircraft for 48 passengers. This aircraft will fly with zero CO2 emissions and zero NOx emissions. With the only by-product: water. We stand as Fokker | GKN Aerospace not just on the sidelines of our current transitions, but we are actually making it a reality.
Here you will find the talents with the right skills and passion for their profession and who work with the highest quality requirements.
Growth and development
Fokker | GKN Aerospace is growing fast and with great people we keep the sky moving. Here we work together with passion and determination to make planes fly further, faster and greener. We draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve the highest and we build our teams on trust and respect.
Fokker | GKN Aerospace Defense
For our defense customers around the world, we deliver the systems and components that help aircraft fly faster, further and greener. Our portfolio varies from the F-16s (still) to the NH90, the most…
Jobs in Papendrecht Netherlands
Sr. Transmission/Tribology Engineer Papendrecht jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.