TaxValet Manila Metro Manila Philippines
2 weeks ago
We’re not just a tax company. We’re an emotions company. We believe that the work we do is a reflection of our higher purpose in life. And if the work isn’t fulfilling and enjoyable, what’s the point? At our company, our Core Purpose is to “transform negative emotions into something positive for our clients, partners, and each other”. It just so happens that we do that by eliminating the hassle and stress of sales tax. We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic and want to work towards our Core Purpose, too.
TaxValet eliminates the hassle and stress of sales tax for e-commerce and software companies by doing everything for them. Unlike traditional sales tax software, we handle everything for our clients from nexus analysis, to permit registrations, filings, audit support and more. Unlike traditional professional service firms, we offer an all-inclusive solution for a simple, predictable monthly rate with no billable hours.
We are a fast-growing, fully remote... financially stable, and profitable business with a small but AWESOME team of 40-ish teammates. We’re building a world-class sales tax team, and if you join us, you’ll be part of the reason why.
We are a core-value-driven business. That means we hire, promote, and reward based on alignment with our core values:
• Feel It: We have authentic empathy for our clients, partners, and for each other. A little warmth and understanding go a long way.
• Shape It: We have a passion for possibilities and recognize that we are the authors of our own future.
• Own It: We take responsibility for the outcomes, both good and bad.
• Crush It: We strive for excellence in everything we do. We are competitive and want to WIN!
We are also a “give 1%” organization. This means that 1% of profit, employee time, and service time is dedicated towards nonprofits. Last year, we contributed to Queer Asterisk following the shooting at a nightclub in Colorado Springs, and the previous year we donated to typhoon disaster relief in the Philippines.
Title: Remote Sales Tax Accountant (Full-Time)
Location: Luzon, Philippines (REMOTE WFH)
Shift: Late Shift (6PM-3AM Manila Time)
About The Role
TaxValet is looking for a Sales Tax Accountant to help our clients eliminate the hassle and risk of sales tax. As a team member of a growing start-up, you’ll work to ensure that each of your clients’ needs are taken care of each month. You will use your keen eye for attention to detail to solve time-critical problems for clients, submit sales tax filings, and contribute to improving the team’s workflows and processes. While this is a work-from-home position, we are currently looking for candidates in the Luzon area of the Philippines.
You are a self-starter, willing to learn on the job, and take ownership and pride over your work. The ideal candidate is comfortable with learning and using new technology and has some bookkeeping or accounting experience, and is comfortable working remotely. This requires having high-speed and reliable home internet.
As a note, this is an adjusted night-shift schedule. Because of this you will receive a night shift allowance (2,000php/mo) and a night shift differential (20% on the hours between 10:00 PM-3:00 AM). We know that this schedule isn’t ideal for a lot of people, but a lot of people love it because they are night owls anyway! We want you going into this fully aware about this and evaluate if this schedule will work for you, your family, and your long-term goals.
We’re looking for someone who is ready to learn and grow professionally, and wants a career (not just a job). We can train you on a lot of things, but here are our non-negotiables:
• At least 2 year of Accounting experience - CPA license preferred.
• Experience working for The Big Four accounting firms (preferred)
• Positive references from past supervisors.
• US tax experience is a plus, but not required.
• High attention to detail and a perfectionist at heart.
• Effective and comfortable communicating in English in writing, over webcam, and on the phone.
• Excellent at time management. Focus on outcomes rather than tasks.
• Eager to learn new skills and technologies. Great at analyzing data.
• Enjoy bringing order and clarity to complex and chaotic situations.
• Comfortable prioritizing and managing multiple clients and projects concurrently.
Please note that the final step before being hired is for you to arrange reference calls with your former managers and others.
Your Primary Responsibilities
• Prepare and submit sales tax filings. You will work with the clients to ensure their sales tax data is accurate and in a format compatible with the tax software, prepare estimated liabilities, and submit sales tax filings on a monthly basis.
• Monitor clients' tax collection variances. On a periodic (typically monthly) basis, you will monitor the variance between tax collected and the calculated liability due, determine any issues and work to resolve said issues with clients when possible.
• Provide assistance to resolve time-critical issues. Many clients come to us with notices from state sales tax authorities regarding assessments, collections, and past due returns. You will work closely with clients to resolve these issues and get their filings current. This often involves working with sales tax authorities to help our clients.
• Assist with special client projects. You will assist with submitting late or amended sales tax returns, managing audits, and updating clients' company information with the states.
• Internal documentation, workflows, and processes. You will be a key player in updating internal documentation for new and/or more efficient filing and account management processes, workflows, and tools used.
• Be the primary point of contact for your clients. Once clients leave the onboarding process, you will be their primary point of contact for all services. You will be responsible for ensuring consistent and adequate communication between the team and the clients regarding any issues, sales tax filings, projects, or requests.
• Learn New Skills. You will continue to learn and advance your understanding of sales tax and related technical skills on an ongoing basis to advance your career and increase the value you bring to the team.
Specific Measures of Success
No surprises here! After a year on the job, you’ll be measured by these specific outcomes:
• Average timeframe for special project completion. On average, complete special projects within 60 days of client sign-off/approval to proceed.
• Average timeframe for past due return project completion. On average, complete all known backfilings within 60 days of client onboarding completion.
• Client tax variance percentage. Have 80% of clients with less than 3% tax collection variance (the difference between the tax collected and the amount due to the state).
• Submitting returns on time. Have 99.9% of monthly filings submitted by state due dates.
• Completion of online education and training. You will complete 3 hours per quarter of Sales Tax Institute Webinars or other educational training.
Compensation and Benefits
We believe working side-by-side with an awesome team is the greatest benefit there is, but there are other reasons why we love working at TaxValet including:
• Monthly salary range: gross P58,333 to P60,833 (dependent on experience)
• Additional 2,000 late shift allowance, 3,000 de minimis
• 20% night shift differential on night shift hours worked (10PM-3AM)
• 43 days off per year. This includes 22 holidays per year, plus 21 days of PTO per year. Yes, seriously.
• Company paid HMO plus 2 dependents additional to government PhilHealth, SSS, and Pag-IBIG.
• 100% Remote Working from Home.
• Equipment and desk set-up to ensure you are able to work remotely comfortably and effectively.
• The ability to participate in the company profit sharing program after 1 year of tenure at TaxValet.
Some intangible benefits include:
• Learn relevant and in-demand skills you’ll have for the rest of your career.
• Opportunity to have a real impact and grow your career with the company.
• A fast-growing and entrepreneurial environment.
• Desk equipment reimbursement policy
Manila Metro Manila Philippines
Jobs in Manila Metro Manila Philippines
Remote US Sales Tax Accountant (Luzon) Manila jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.