Kelly Houston TX United States
1 week ago
Kelly® has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace for more than 70 years. We are proud to offer a permanent opportunity for a Sales Engineer in Central Houston with a leader in the emergency vehicle industry.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, precise and data driven. This person will provide technical support for the... Sales Team and will the in-house expert on all facets and features of highly specialized vehicles.
This position offers competitive pay, quarterly bonus and excellent benefits. You will also work a 4.5 work week, with every Friday afternoon off!
The Sales Engineer reports to the Sales Operations Manager, and is responsible for providing the back-end, operational and administrative support to the Regional Sales Managers through all aspects of the sales process by becoming a product knowledge expert while demonstrating a high degree of accuracy and productivity with computer software to include data processing, document handling, administration, spreadsheets, and other support functions. What Does a Week in the Life of the Sales Engineer Look Like?
• Serve as the technical liaison between the sales team and engineering.
• Function as the subject matter expert on CPQ configuration, pricing and quotes.
• Support sales team to evaluate and respond to bids and formal requests for proposals.
• Respond to customer inquiries by phone, email, in person, or by mail providing technical specifications, pricing, quotes, and other information as needed.
• Ensure that each sales person has all the information necessary to effectively communicate with their customers regarding units in production.
• Represent the customer while collaborating with engineering, purchasing, and production throughout the sales cycle and order fulfillment process.
• Actively pursue productivity enhancements by recommending and/or implementing policy and process changes to improve effectiveness or efficiency.
• Actively live out the organization’s Core Values while working with other employees, vendors, and customers to help achieve team, department, and corporate goals.
• Learn and reinforce safe and proper work procedures while actively following
• safety programs and other policies outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Perform hands-on inspections on used units that customers bring in for re-mounting on a new truck chassis.
• Support regional sales manager at final inspection and in-service delivery walk-around with customers when their unit is ready for pickup.
• Ensure that all incoming orders are processed correctly and in a timely manner.
• Host in person and remote customer specification review meetings to understand and address customer requirements.
• Build customer relationships and promote solutions by attending trade shows, events, customer dinners, and hosting customer site visits as needed
Required Education And Experience
College Degree in a relevant field
2+ years relevant experience
Ability to pass background and motor vehicle record check
Reliable form of transportation and vehicle insurance
Preferred Education And Experience
Experience using Syteline
Experience selling to municipal governments
Fire/ EMS background
Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
• This job offers a positive, supportive work culture and employee driven benefits:*
• Weekly paycheck
• Health Care Insurance (100% paid for by the company for all employees)
• Dental Benefit options
• 401k plan with a company match
• Disability Insurance
• Paid Time Off that begins accruing your first day of employment
• Eight paid company holidays and ability to take time off during company shut down from Christmas to New Year’s Day
• Flexible Work Schedules
• Professional development and skills training
• Free Life Skills Training such as financial wellness classes #TJP2023_SPEC
As part of our promise to talent, Kelly supports those who work with us through a variety of benefits, perks, and work-related resources. Kelly offers eligible employees voluntary benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, term life, whole life, accident insurance, critical illness, a legal plan, and short-term disability. As a Kelly employee, you will have access to a retirement savings plan, service bonus and holiday pay plans (earn up to eight paid holidays per benefit year), and a transit spending account. In addition, employees are entitled to earn paid sick leave under the applicable state or local plan. Click [here](https://www.mykelly.com/help-support-working-with-kelly-us/#Benefits) for more information on benefits and perks that may be available to you as a member of the Kelly Talent Community. You should know:
Your safety matters! Visit the [COVID-19 Resource Center](https://www.mykelly.com/covid-19-resource-center) for the latest information, policies, and frequently asked questions. Why Kelly® Engineering?
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. At Kelly Engineering, our team creates expert talent solutions to solve the world’s most critical challenges. We connect you with leading organizations where you can collaborate on innovative projects, work with cutting-edge technologies and accelerate your growth. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects or are looking for a long-term opportunity, we’re here to guide you to the next step in your engineering career.
Work changes everything. And at Kelly, we’re obsessed with where it can take you. To us, it’s about more than simply accepting your next job opportunity. It’s the fuel that powers every next step of your life. It’s the ripple effect that changes and improves everything for your family, your community, and the world. Which is why, here at Kelly, we are dedicated to providing you with limitless opportunities to enrich your life—just ask the 300,000 people we employ each year. Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly’s Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California’s state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment
Houston TX USA
Jobs in Houston TX United States
Application Engineer - Sales Support Houston jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.