Saskatchewan Health Authority
Saskatchewan Health Authority Rosetown Canada
2 weeks ago
Under the direction of the Director of Mental Health and Addictions services and in accordance with the vision, mission and values of the Saskatchewan Health Authority (former Heartland Health Region), the policies and procedures relating to Mental Health and Addictions services within the boundaries of the former Heartland Health Region, the Social Worker, BSW is responsible for the provision of community-based mental health counseling services to clients within the Child and Youth Mental Health Programs. The position is also accountable for the provision of public education, mental health promotion, consultations and advocacy aimed at supporting individuals wishing to improve their quality of health.
• Bachelor Degree in Social Work
• Bachelor Degree in Social Work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Association of Social Workers... (SASW)
• Valid Class 5 driver's license
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
• Ability and willingness to travel extensively and work flexible hours
• Ability to apply the principles of community development
• Ability to demonstrate an appropriate level of professional conduct and judgement and ethical behaviour in the provision of counselling services and other areas of practice
• Ability to effectively handle a large caseload, be a self-starter
• Ability to plan, develop and conduct a variety of treatment and psycho-educational groups
• Ability to provide public/educational presentations
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
• Analytical skills
• Broad knowledge of adult treatment and intervention techniques with individuals and groups across a wide clinical spectrum
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office word processing and spreadsheets, email and internet
• Conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrate responsible decision making through the application of knowledge, critical thinking and sound clinical, legal and ethical practice
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of mental health assessment systems and ability to develop effective, evidence-based treatment plans
• Organizational skills
• Public relations skills
• Public speaking skills
• Sound clinical judgment skills
• Field Hours
• Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement. HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria.
• An interview may be requested.
• The successful candidate shall be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check including a vulnerable sector query as a condition of employment.
• Part Time Employees: scheduled hours of work may be reduced during the rotation stipulated when a statutory holiday is recognized during that period.
Geographic Location: Rosetown Homebase
Expected Start Date: May 17, 2023
Expected Up To Date: February 28, 2025
This posting will remain Open until Filled
Child and Youth Mental Health Counsellor (Social Worker BSW - HSAS... Rosetown jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.