WSP Marietta GA Georgia
2 weeks ago
Lead Electrical Engineer (Mission Critical/Data Center)
Req ID 12398...
Lead Electrical Engineer (Mission Critical/Data Center)
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We're looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
Great people. Great places. Great projects. kW Mission Critical Engineering, a WSP company, is a high-performance, fast-paced consulting engineering firm designing data centers and mission critical environments across the globe. We hire smart, responsive, team players to work in collaborative and mentoring office settings. Our mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, controls, telecommunications, and security building system designs keep many of the world's top Fortune 100 financial, technology, enterprise, hyperscale, and colocation companies up and running 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We work on innovative, award-winning, large-scale projects. We travel to construction sites to see our designs being built. As part of WSP, we are able to offer our employees increased professional development and career opportunities in addition to kW MCE's office culture which is consistently recognized as one of the "Best Places to Work." Join our great people at our great places designing great projects.
What You'll Do:
kW Mission Critical Engineering is currently initiating a search for a Lead Electrical Engineer that can be located out of our kW office out of Atlanta, GA office (115 Perimeter Center Place, Suite 640 Atlanta GA 30346) As a Lead Electrical Engineer with us, you will design complex power and other building systems including generator plants, medium voltage distribution, uninterruptible power systems, lighting, fire alarm, and grounding while leading projects and a team of electrical engineers.
• Produce high quality technical and professional deliverables for projects and proposals
• Apply deep knowledge of engineering techniques across multiple technical functions
• Utilize advanced analytical and design techniques to solve technical problems
• Exemplify well-developed advanced experience in electrical discipline
• Lead the development of initial electrical system concepts
• Present complex technical solutions to clients
• Manage and coordinate project teams and projects
• Develop work plans to address technical issues within project time and budget
• Work within multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners
• Attend and lead client meetings
• Manage and mentor junior staff
• Collaborate and coordinate with internal project discipline team members, equipment vendors and manufacturers
• Perform project management activities including writing proposals, establishing budgets, and managing client interactions
• Coordinate activities concerned with technical development, scheduling, and resolving engineering design issues
• Coordinate the activities of technical staff from project award through project completion
• Design complex and large electrical medium voltage and low voltage distribution systems and electrical building systems (i.e. general power, lighting, grounding, etc.)
• Survey and evaluation of existing conditions
• Develop project specifications
• Perform construction administration
• Develop and maintain client relationships
• Contribute and interact with team, develop and manage high quality technical and professional deliverables on projects and proposals
• Participate in local professional organization (attend meetings/lectures), i.e., poster sessions, participate in conference panel
• Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP"s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
• Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP"s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
Who You Are
The ideal candidate has familiarity with Building Information Modeling using Revit, has strong communication skills, and an interest in liaising with internal and external design, client and construction team members. Candidate will have previous experience as a lead project electrical engineer capable of directing the project team.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with electrical building systems emphasis
• 7+ years of experience in designing electrical systems for the high performing, commercial, industrial or mission critical/data center buildings
• Experience mentoring and training others in field
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact well with others as well as develop and contribute to high quality technical and professional deliverables on projects and proposals
• Strong working knowledge of electrical systems and codes
• Attention to detail, highly organized, self-starter
• Participate in conference programs including panels, lectures, poster sessions, papers and presentations
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
• Enhancing credentials (LEED, Uptime ATD, etc.) preferred
• Experience with the analysis and modeling of short circuit coordination and arc flash studies
• Mission Critical/Data Center experience
• Experience with international projects and knowledge of international codes and standards
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
• Travel Required: 10%
• Job Status: Regular
• Employee Type: Full
• Primary Location: ATLANTA - PERIMETER CENTER
• All locations: US-GA-Atlanta, US-GA-Augusta, US-GA-College Park, US-GA-Kennesaw, US-GA-Marietta
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper.
WSP provides a flexible and agile workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States
Marietta GA USA
Lead Electrical Engineer (Mission Critical/Data Center) Marietta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.