Flagship Pioneering, Inc.
Flagship Pioneering, Inc. Watertown MA United States
1 week ago
At Sonata Therapeutics, a Boston-based Flagship Pioneering company, we are revolutionizing the world’s understanding of the cellular microenvironment and their importance to human biology and disease. Our product-platform creates drugs based on a systematic, comprehensive characterization of the microenvironment in diseases with high unmet medical need. Through our pioneering... science, we identify new targets for therapeutics that induce the release of a programmed diversity of signals with the potential for significant patient impact.
Sonata Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Due to our exciting growth, we are on the hunt for a Senior Data Scientist, Computational Immuno-Oncology to partner with biologists and contribute to the discovery and development of life-changing immunogenic therapies, primarily in oncology
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be tasked with designing, interpreting, and visualizing cutting-edge analyses of large public and proprietary datasets, which will aid in discovering and developing and refining target therapeutic hypotheses, response-associated biomarkers, likely clinical indications for strategic and targeted selection, and related patient stratification strategies. As a top candidate, you will remain up-to-date with state-of-the-art data interpretation practices, particularly in systems/computational-immunology,cancer biology, and related bioinformatic methodologies.
Sonata Therapeutics offers a stimulating work environment and a chance to work with a prominent biotech company. Collaborate with a diverse team of data engineering, modeling, and insight-delivery data scientists, allcommitted to enhancing patients' lives through a truly unique promise for life-changing drug development.
• Identify appropriate datasets and analytical solutions to derive insights from biological networks constructed from public and private data sources, such as TCGA, TARGET, cBioPortal, TIMEDB, and others
• Design, complete, interpret and visualize, and communicate impactful bioinformatics analyses of large datasets to enable biomarker discovery and development, indication selection, patient stratification strategies, as well as new target identification and validation
• Collaborate with both data and scientific teams, engage with multi-disciplinary teams as a recognized subject matter expert and recommend follow-up analyses
• Participate and present at functional, project-focused and company meetings
• Stay up to date with current state-of-the-art practices relevant to multi-omics data interpretation, particularly in the fields of systems immunology and cancer biology
As a top candidate, you will possess:
• Ph.D. in bioinformatics, systems biology, systems immunology, synthetic biology, computational biology, computational immunology, biostatistics, immunobiology or a related discipline with minimum two years of experience working with large-scale biological screening datasets, transcriptomics, proteomics, human immunogenetics, and other omics datasets OR
• M.S. degree in above-named fields with at least 5-7 years of industry experience, preferably in a translational bioinformatics or systems biology role
• Expertise in immuno-oncology and systems biology/immunology
• Demonstrated experience with applying bioinformatics and analytical methods to biomarker discovery and development.
• Experience with data mining and manipulation of public databases (TCGA, CCLE, DepMap, LINCS, etc)
• Knowledge of Gene Set Enrichment and Functional Module Detection tools, techniques and algorithms (GSEA, IPA, WGCNA, etc) and expertise interpreting pathway information
• Familiarity with advanced statistical methods for inference and modeling
• Fluency in one or more programming languages with bioinformatics applications (e.g. R/Bioconductor and/orPython)
• Must have experience and ability to think critically and develop creative ideas to contribute to scientific decision-making.
• Must possess the ability to adapt to and leverage your superior problem-solving skills in a face-paced environment and the flexibility to change priorities as needed.
• Superior verbal/presentation communications skills required to persuade cross-functional teams to make decisions based on sound scientific expertise.
Sonata Therapeutics and Flagship Pioneering are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.
Watertown MA USA
Jobs in Watertown MA United States
Senior Data Scientist, Computational Immunology Watertown jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.