Air Products The Hague Netherlands
1 week ago
Job Description and Qualifications
Senior Construction Field Engineer - Rotterdam Terminal
Senior Construction Field Engineer – EPC Management
We are looking for a Senior Construction Field Engineer, to join our team initially based in The Hague, Netherlands during front end of a major capital project development then move a Rotterdam, Netherlands site based assignment.
You will have experience working as a Senior Construction Engineer and/or Construction Manager supporting EPC and EPCM projects within in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals or Industrial gases industries both on site and in a head office environment.
As the Senior Construction Field Engineer – Front end HO based you will:
• Reporting to project Site Construction Manager and functionally to the Netherlands Manager of Construction
• Provide construction guidance throughout all project phases, using construction knowledge and experience.
• Assist with aspects of the project construction strategies... execution planning, and contracting strategy.
• Provide guidance to the assessment and selection of construction contractors.
• Prepare, and review documents for approval to communicate installation sequencing, schedule timings, and resource requirements to project management and engineering leads, procurement, and the construction site management and supervision.
• Prepare, and review for approval project-specific site procedures and work practices as vital to meet project requirements.
• Provide Construction Engineering in accordance with project requirements and Home Office procedures.
• Develop construction work packs (CWPs) to support project execution as the need arises
• Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, and Construction Managers throughout the different project phases to improve the use of construction knowledge and experience in all aspects of the project paying particular attention to constructability.
• Assist with construction feasibility and method studies.
• Knowledge and experience of the Advanced Work Packaging (AWP) and Workforce Planning (WFP)processes
As the Senior Construction Field Engineer – Site you will:
• Support site construction manager in setting the highest expectations on HSE and Quality
• Lead by example in establishing a positive EHS culture with site team and stakeholders
• Proven experience in a similar construction field engineering role working within an EPC managing contractor team.
• It is expected that you will have in the region of 10 years field experience within EPC managing contractor in site supervision and field engineering roles on projects ranging from $100m to $500m.
• Excellent verbal/written communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
• Experience with construction plans and specifications, tracking RFIs and submittals, and developing project documentation
• Experience tracking and analysing cost and schedule and knowledge of Microsoft Project or Primavera preferred.
• Take the lead on site for all technical and engineering interfaces.
• Lead key technical interfaces with design engineering, quality and completions
• Deputise for site construction manager.
• Provide technical support to Field Supervision.
• Work with engineering, contracts and project controls to ensure site change management process is in place and up to date.
• Review engineering and design documents for errors and omissions and prepare Engineering Site Instructions (ESI’s) for correction.
• Prepare, expedite and coordinate response for TQ’s / SQ’s required for clarification of drawing or specification information.
• Implement and ensure site change management processes run effectively in conjunction with site manager and contracts manager
• Coordinate with Discipline Engineers and 3rd party design and on installation modifications that may impact interfacing works.
• Support field supervision to monitor field installation works for compliance with the drawings and specifications
• Maintain/Monitor as-built drawings.
• Coordinate the review of site installation drawings from Vendors / Sub Contractors for completeness and compliance.
• Assist with Vendor technical issues and clarifications
• Coordinate with Document Control for proper assignment of documents for filing purposes.
• Monitor and expedite engineering deliverables
• Support review project design and engineering BOQ’s for completeness.
• Assist to prepare technical aspect of field requisitions for site procurement activities.
• Support Completions Coordinator with engineering verification of systems completions
Support and coordinate technical issues associated with construction and vendor quality management
Global Engrg Mfg Technology & Equipment
Business Sector / Division
EPC Functions & PGPL
The Hague Netherlands
Senior Construction Field Engineer (Open) The Hague jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.