Surrey & Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Surrey & Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Oman Oman
2 weeks ago
ROLE AND COMPETENCY PROFILE
MENTAL HEALTH NURSES – Internationally Educated Mental Health Nurse Applicant
Please read the attached NMC requirements before applying.
Do you want to relocate to the UK?
Are you a qualified Mental Health Nurse?
Do you have substantial experience working in Mental Health?
Are you Passionate about Patient Care and Safety?
Do you want to work in an innovative & award-winning Trust with a vibrant culture of research, Quality Improvement & education?
Have you passed the English language test and CBT and require support to complete the OSCE?
If the answer is yes, then Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the place for you!
We want to hear from Mental Health Nurses who are enthusiastic and passionate about patient care and safety to join our Inpatient and Community Mental Health Services as well as Learning Disability Services.
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care... services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey & North-East Hampshire.
Job Title - Staff Nurse
Pay band/Grade - AfC Band 5
Directorate - Community Mental Health, Working Age, Learning and Disability
Job Description Reference WAA-5-IP
My job makes better lives by providing a high quality, caring service that makes a positive and effective contribution to the care pathway of people admitted onto the wards in the acute phase of their illness.
The post holder will be a core member of the multi-disciplinary team, participating in the provision of on-going assessments, care planning, treatment and support of people with serious and enduring mental health problems and people in crisis. He/she will particularly ensure access to and availability of mental health nursing skills to users of mental health services and their families.
NHS Competencies Level Personal Competencies
Communication 2 Interpersonal Sensitivity 2
Personal and People Development 1 / 2 Courage 2
Health, Safety and Security 1 / 2 Team working 2
Service Improvement 1
Quality 1 / 2
Equality and Diversity 1 / 2
IT Skills 2 Treat People Well
Statutory Requirements Create Respectful Places
NMC Registration RMN or RGN Involve not Ignore
Open, Inclusive and Accountable
A degree/Diploma in Nursing
Mentorship qualification would be an advantage
Ideally 6 months post qualification experience, but preceptorship may be available for newly qualified nurses.
Suitable for someone who is passionate about providing a high quality holistic approach to the care and support provided to people admitted into the unit to exercise choice over their own lives.
• To assess, plan, implement and evaluate the nursing care needs of a specific group of service users
• To supervise, mentor and teach qualified and unqualified staff including students
• To co-ordinate the patient environment on a shift by shift basis
• To co-ordinate care for a specified group of service users
• To lead the clinical management of a designated of service users, in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care.
• To ensure that junior staff and students are actively engaged in patient activity
• To observe report and record changes in the service user physical, mental health and behaviour.
• To work with the MDT in planning and delivering care
• To maintain working knowledge of legislation, policy and guidance pertaining to mental health and learning disabilities
• To identify, provide and supervise the necessary physical care to service users to help those complete daily living activities i.e.: personal hygiene, diet and fluid intake, clothing and laundry, manual handling, personal environment, manual handling, elimination, maintaining rest and sleep and activity, physical observations.
• To act in a manner to respect the customs, individuality, values, sexuality and spiritual beliefs and activity, supporting the individual to fulfil these. To identify and take action when any behaviour undermines diversity and equality.
• To identify and provide and supervise therapeutic activities, emotional support and stability to clients to ensure effective engagement whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
• To create and maintain professional supportive relationships with all members of staff with other professionals and agencies to enhance recovery.
• To undertake prescribed physical observations as follows: blood pressure, temperature, respirations, blood sugars, urinalysis, weight and height, and report exceptions appropriates.
• To be responsible for the correct administration of prescribed medication.
• To work within Trust and Professional guidelines related to consent and capacity to consent.
• To understand the range of interventions available, the evidence base and potential outcomes for service users.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: RO254,070.000 - RO345,800.000 per year
• Have you got a minimum of 6 months experience of working in a mental health setting?
• registered nursing: 1 year (Required)
• OET/IELTS (Required)
• CBT (Mental Health) (Required
Relocate to the UK - Mental Health Nurses Oman jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.