Mott MacDonald South Croydon United Kingdom
2 weeks ago
Glasgow, United Kingdom / Newcastle, United Kingdom / Altrincham, United Kingdom / York, United Kingdom / Croydon, United Kingdom / Brighton, United Kingdom / Belfast, United Kingdom
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it’s employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Mott MacDonald has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our expanding Power Transmission and Distribution team. The successful candidate will be motivated to work on a range of diverse industry leading projects developing innovative solutions for power transmission grid systems and for client transmission and distribution installations ensuring security of electricity supply, developing the integration of renewable energy sources and bringing... large power infrastructural plans from concept to delivery stage.
Your role will include working with a range of clients/stakeholders including major utilities and large global demand customers in a rapidly changing energy sector.
The role is a permanent position within our team for an ambitious and enthusiastic Electrical Engineer. Reporting to the Power team Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for a range of tasks including;
• Primary plant layout for HV substations;
• Equipment specifications for HV Plant and ancillary equipment;
• Providing engineering design input to major electrical power infrastructural development projects through various lifecycle stages from feasibility/front end engineering stages to detailed design/site construction monitoring and commissioning;
• Coordination with client project teams and internal team disciplines within Mott MacDonald including civil, structural, environmental, survey/geotechnical, transport, protection and control and CAD/BIM team;
• Delivering projects in new technologies e.g. energy storage, HVDC systems, smart grid solutions, waste to energy etc;
• Provide professional services to clients in the UK and overseas.
Required For The Position Of Senior Electrical Engineer
• Qualified to degree level and will ideally be, or working towards Chartered Engineer status;
• Experience working in the power transmission and distribution industry;
• Experience relating to design, delivery and supervision of HV substation solutions (110kV to 400kV);
• Experience in development of specifications for HV AIS/GIS substations and associated primary/secondary equipment;
• Experience of all stages of project lifecycles;
• Experience in applying regulatory and client specific health and safety requirements to HV plant system designs;
• Experience in the preparation of technical reports in English;
Preferred, But Not Required
• Experience in design of Overhead Line Systems for transmission networks:
• Experience in design of HV cable systems (minimum 110kV);
• Experience in site construction and/or testing/commissioning for HV plant systems;
• Experience in earthing software design (CDEGs) and system studies/protection co-ordination software (ETAP);
• Masters Qualification;
• Experience in control and protection systems design.
If you meet 80% or more of what we’re looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn’t know we need.
About The Business Unit
The Energy unit delivers services to clients globally across a number of sectors including hydropower, nuclear, waste, renewable generation and transmission & distribution networks. Together we provide integrated engineering and project management services across the project lifecycle – from concept and design, to construction and operations, to decommissioning or repowering and life extension. Together with our clients, we’re helping to deliver the energy transition globally.
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here . If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited – which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits We Offer
• Life insurance
• 7% matched pension contributions
• An annual professional institution subscription
• Continuous development opportunities – because we want you to thrive
• Agile/flexible working – because life isn’t 9-5
• Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
• The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at reasonable.adjustme[email protected] and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More About Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
England - North East, England - North West, England - Outer London, England - South East, England - South West, Northern Ireland, Scotland
Europe and Central Asia
South Croydon UK
Jobs in South Croydon United Kingdom
Senior Electrical Engineer - Substation Design South Croydon jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.