Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank Singapore Singapore
2 weeks ago
Chief Product Owner, Trade & Lending Channels
Standard Chartered Bank has embarked on an ambitious journey to revolutionize the digital banking by building a truly innovative corporate banking portal that competes not just with the Financial Institutions but also with the new breed of Fintech companies. Digital Product Management is the core team within the bank which champions this vision and is responsible to drive the digitization agenda with our corporate and institutional clients. As the Chief Product Owner (CPO) for Trade & Lending Digital Products, you will need to craft a vision for the next generation corporate banking platform to support the business objectives of the Trade business. You will work with talented team members across Product Management, Technology and client service partners to develop your product all the way from a conceptual stage to the product launch. You will be required to push the boundaries by bringing in new ideas that will... take the Banks' digital capabilities to the new generation of Treasurers and CFOs.
You will have a key role in building innovative product capabilities, influence change, commercialize capabilities and enable our global corporate banking platform in 40+ countries. You will be responsible to take the ideas through implementation in Agile Methodology and will lead a team of Product Owners. You will continuously evaluate the ever-changing financial ecosystem and related emerging technologies in collaboration with our technology partners.
In addition to being the CPO, you will lead the global Trade Digital workstream under CCIB's DCDA Program
As the Trade Digital Workstream Lead - you will lead and manage the digital transformation for Trade, cutting across all Trade product verticals (Documentary Trade, Open Account and Lending). You and your team will deliver the next-generation digital solutions that will improve the client experience, enhance business processes and support the revenue growth and operational cost efficiency targets for the business
Key Responsibilities include:
• Be a key driver of the end-to-end target state design, cutting across digital platforms and the core Trade platforms. You will help define not just the digital client experience but also the internal business processes that will support the business goals of becoming a leading digital global bank in Trade
• Lead the implementation of Trade projects for digital transformation in DCDA. The projects will cut across a front-to-back portfolio from client facing digital banking channels and core Trade platform. Knowledge of documentary trade, open account, working capital and lending workflows are critical to driving success
• Own and deliver all the product development for Digital Trade Platforms, getting into the details of the existing application features, measure client usage, ascertain business relevance and come up with final recommendations and execution plan.
• Build strong engagement with business stakeholders across product, sales and coverage to effectively communicate the strategic vision for digital channels, including becoming an evangelist to internal teams to further drive the adoption of digital solutions in Trade and Lending
• Demonstrate product proficiency and develop Human centric user interface designs covering critical online banking flows such as transaction initiation, approvals, enquiries, reporting and other supporting flows. Establish strong partnership with User Experience Design, ensuring user journeys are simple, intuitive and adhere to Design Principles.
• Work extensively with UX design, Client Insights & Research and Technology and demonstrate thought leadership in visualizing and building client-driven intuitive and innovative user flows to deliver best-in-class digital channel experience.
• Work closely with product delivery teams, reinforce the business and delivery priorities, and deliver on the agreed business tasks such as user stories, business flow diagrams etc.
• Engage actively with the product, implementation & client management, legal, compliance, operations and sales teams to create awareness of the new product features and encourage a participative attitude to elicit critical business requirements and ensure overall acceptance of the new process flows and the system functionalities.
• Be a culture carrier of the digital agenda and support customers and colleagues in this digital transition.
• Create continuous feedback loops with (external and internal) customers to improve the success of the digital transition.
• Monitor and manage the resources and timeline of the projects. Facilitate conversations on dynamic prioritization and instill a disciplined and robust investment governance process
• Facilitate problem solving as required, working closely with digital channels product owners and technology teams in the design, development and delivery of digital solutions
• Engage with relevant teams to establish, measure and analyse key performance indicators (KPIs) for new digital solutions delivered
• Collaborate with innovation partners, including exploring potential partnerships with third-parties that are developing cutting edge solutions.
• Assist the program management office in preparing status reports and capabilities document in articulating the key achievements / updates of the program to the senior management teams.
• Ensure proper check and balance in place according to laid down departmental operation instruction (DOI) when applicable, Control Sample Testing (CST) plans to minimize operational risk People & Talent
• Manage and lead a team of product owners - as a people leader you will empower, manage, coach and mentor the team - holding team members accountable for strong performance management practices.
• Work closely with the stream leads and execute the end-to-end product delivery lifecycle covering conceptualization, business requirements, product solutions, meticulous quality checks, deployment and eventually, the client migration and/or client adoption & commercialisation of Trade & Lending digital channel solutions. Risk Management
• Ensure digital product development aligns to the Channels Governance Framework which sets out the minimum requirements for the design, implementation, and maintenance of digital channels.
• Where material changes are made to existing channels, ensure compliance to process change impact assessment and a technology change impact assessment are completed. Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters. Key stakeholders
• Digital Channels & Data Analytics
• Transaction Banking Trade Product Management
• Transaction Banking Working Capital & Short-Term Lending Product Management
• Client Coverage Long Term Lending Product Owners
• Transaction Banking Cash Product Management
• Financial Markets Transaction Banking FX Product Management
• Transaction Banking Implementations
• Transaction Banking COO
• CCIB Technology
• CCIB COO Our Ideal Candidate
• 15+ years of experience with a proven track record of success in the product management, product development, preferably in the area of Trade Finance and/or Working Capital products & solution
• Skills Proven track record in leading and implementing digitalization and/or transformation initiatives in the Trade space (Documentary Trade, Open Account, Lending), including driving client adoption of digital channels and increasing share of revenue via electronic channels.
• An experienced people leader with an ability to build a strong team, encouraging team members to drive personal career development, including strengthening skills through relevant training, learning and development activities
• Good understanding of the product development lifecycle using Agile Methodology and relevant prior experience in drafting vision statements, epics and user stories, use case documents, solution papers, business workflow documents and high-level functional flows. Role Specific Technical Competencies
• Deep understanding of the corporate banking domain with a profound ability to conceive and design end-to-end product flows, define interface requirements, identify relevant operational processes and clearly articulate these flows and processes to the relevant business and technology workgroups
• Prior knowledge and first-hand experience in client co-creation, user experience (UX), user interface (UI) oriented assignments, particularly on fast-emerging touchpoints such as mobiles and tablets as well as the conventional channels such as Web and Host-to-Host
• A skilled negotiator with an ability to work across all organization levels
• High integrity and personal drive, with a passion for product, technology and services transformation
• Highly experienced in stakeholder management and working closely with global senior leaders, including business product heads, COOs and CIOs
• Effective and positive written and verbal communications especially when acting as a liaison between departments, internal employees/subordinates and clients
• Ability to create and deliver effective oral and written presentations/proposals up to a senior level of management.
• Comprehensive solution-oriented thinker when dealing with clients, team members, internal functional departments and upper management
• Ability to effectively manage and motivate matrix resources to attain organizational goals and influence without direct authority
• Strong project management skills including planning, documenting, communicating and delivering the end result on-time
• Experience in a position of broad collaboration, influence and communication in a large organization
• Excellent teamwork skills preferably with experience of working in teams spread across functions and geographies
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the program's success About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
• Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
• Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
• Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
• Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
• Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
• Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
• Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
• A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
• Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential. Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
Chief Product Owner, Trade & Lending Channels Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.