Shriners Children's Portland OR United States
2 weeks ago
Shriners Children's is a family that respects, supports, and values each other. We are engaged in providing excellence in patient care, embracing multi-disciplinary education, and research with global impact. We foster a learning environment that values evidenced based practice, experience, innovation, and critical thinking. Our compassion, integrity, accountability, and resilience defines us as... leaders in pediatric specialty care for our children and their families.
Shriners Children’s Portland is looking for a Registered Dietician to join our team! The Registered Dietician is responsible for implementing a clinical nutrition program to provide high-quality nutritional care for patients, and to meet staff education needs. They will also assess patient needs, develop and implement nutrition plans/programs and evaluate results.
• Demonstrates knowledge and ability to evaluate pediatric patients’ nutritional needs based on relevant data from the medical record, demographic, and psychosocial information, and lab results. Includes
• Assessment of patient’s learning needs, barriers to learning, preferred learning styles, and educational level, religious, cultural, and ethnic factors to provide nutrition education accordingly.
• Accurately calculates protein, calorie, and fluid requirements to meet age-specific needs of patients.
• Identifies age-related factors that may influence nutritional assessment.
• Is knowledgeable of therapeutic diets and demonstrates the ability to use the SHC diet manual as a resource.
• Identifies appropriate enteral products and supplements to meet patients’ needs.
• Collaborates with the patient and/or family member, and healthcare team to assess nutrition and education needs of patients.
• Develops, implements, and communicates to other care providers (within and outside Shriners) the individual’s nutrition plan of care. Identifies, monitors, and evaluates Medical Nutrition therapy plans.
• Demonstrates knowledge and ability to plan and implement in-service training for department staff, other individual departments, and hospital-wide programs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics or Food and Nutritional Science required
• 2 years of experience working in pediatric clinical nutrition preferred
• Dietitian license in State of Oregon required
Portland OR USA
Jobs in Portland OR United States
Clinical Dietitian Portland jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.