Aptus Utilities Ltd
Aptus Utilities Ltd Manchester United Kingdom
1 week ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electric Network Design Engineer to join our company. The role can be based at any of our regional offices in the North West, North East, Midlands, or Yorkshire. Aptus are seeking to recruit a strong team player and multi-tasker to join us in the role of Electrical Design Engineer, working directly under the guidance of and reporting to one of our Delivery Managers (Design). What you will be doing:--Designing individually tailored HV/LV electrical network design solutions and earthing assessments for LV and HV distribution networks for domestic, commercial, and industrial developments. (Single Line Diagrams, circuit diagrams, general arrangements, wiring diagrams, block cable diagrams/schedules, cable specification/sizing calculations, etc.).
• Obtaining approval for individually tailored network design solutions including power distribution earthing.
• Provision of specialist electrical network/substation engineering advice to project... stakeholders.
• Participate in multi-utility design handover to the Operations Department, providing any subsequent support and guidance through to final network connection.
• Responsible for the technical compliance of electrical network design to meet the client’s requirements, ensuring they satisfy company quality requirements, they are compliant with current DNO/IDNO policy, ENA Documentation, CDM Regulation, Codes of Practice, National/International Standards and legislation, company policy/procedures and contract specification, including safety compliance, as appropriate.
• Undertake internal technical peer review of designs, prior to design submission.
• Liaise closely with Utility Infrastructure Providers, equipment manufacturers and the DNOs/IDNOs.
• Supporting the Tendering Department and where required provide outline designs.
• Engage with Gas and Water Designers to coordinate the delivery of multi-utility design projects.
• Mentor, coach, and guide trainee engineers. What we ask from you:-
• Suitable engineering qualification (Degree/HND or equivalent).
• Experience in designing/planning LV and HV electrical utility network infrastructure and substation design.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience designing LV/HV electrical networks.
• Good understanding of UK power industry including technical standards DNO/IDNO network construction requirements, including a knowledge of G81 documents.
• Knowledge of technical specifications of equipment, substations, cables, and plant.
• An understanding of DNO protection requirements would be beneficial.
• Understanding of the current NERS requirements and be able to provide compliance support.
• Understanding of CDM Regulations and N.R.S.W.A.
• Understanding of ISO09001, ISO14001 & ISO(phone number removed).
• Engage and communicate effectively with Clients and relationship management, providing up to date progress on projects, ensuring Clients expectations are met and where-ever possible exceeded.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• A team player with the ability to work independently and resolve any design issues. What we can offer in return:-
• Mentoring and ongoing guidance to settle you into your role
• A relaxed culture where you can plan your own day and enjoy coming to work, provide us with feedback so we can continuously improve
• Donate a Day - we will gift you an extra day off each year to do something for charity or within the community
• Benefits include cashback plans including eye-care, dental & prescriptions, to name just a few….. What’s next? Please click the apply button to apply If you are shortlisted for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our People Team or Design Manager, who will usually arrange a short telephone interview before arranging a face-to-face
Jobs in Manchester United Kingdom
ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER Manchester jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.