Genefac Inc. Lytham St Annes Lytham Saint Annes United Kingdom
2 weeks ago
White Label are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join a thriving engineering company in Lytham St Annes.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you wouldbe responsible for the design & development of new and/or existing products.You will be involved in the research and development of ideas for new products and the processes used to make them.
Main Responsibilities And Duties For The Design Engineer
• Studying an internal or external design brief and creating a solution fit for vehicle application.
• Brainstorming possible design solutions with the engineering team and researching whether the design will work on application, can be easily manufactured and be a cost-effective solution.
• Assessing the usability, environmental impact and safety of a design, ensuring all legislation is met.
• Using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-assisted engineering (CAE) software to create prototypes at both component and assembly level along with any required... tooling.
• Working with the test team to write test specifications.
• Modifying designs and re-testing them with solid reasoning behind the changes based on data.
• Writing regular progress reports and presenting them to Senior Engineers, Managers and Customers.
• Calculations for tolerances and component stack up, both at ambient and at elevated temperatures.
• Following automotive engineering principles, processes and methods, such as APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning), PPAP (Production Part Approval Process), DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis), PFMEA, (Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis), Poke-Yoke and others.
• Teardown Exhaust Valves for Root Cause Analysis, liaise with customers and quality on any field service issues.
• Mechanical/Design Degree in an Engineering related subject
• Ideally an interest/passion for the automotive industry/motorsport industry
• Proficient in 3D CAD software (Ideally Solidworks)
• High degree of self-discipline, organisation, adaptability and prioritisation
• Some knowledge of continuous improvement (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc)
• Tactile approach and ideally hands on experience using hand tools
The company is paying £30-£35k depending on the individuals experience, flexible working hours, 25 days holiday and an early finish on a Friday.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant and forward-thinking company, where there is opportunity for growth and development within your role. Please apply immediately for consideration and we will be in touch if you fit the requirments.
• Applicants will need full UK working rights
Lytham St Annes Lytham Saint Annes UK
Jobs in Lytham St Annes Lytham Saint Annes United Kingdom
Design Engineer Lytham St Annes jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.