Globe 24-7 Toamasina Madagascar
2 weeks ago
Head Engineer Mechanical
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world-class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to creating lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contributing significantly to Madagascar's sustainable development.
Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar is recruiting an experienced Head Engineer Mechanical, who will provide technical leadership and direction to the mechanical engineering team.
The Key Responsibilities
• Ensure that all designs and modifications are technically sound and meet industry standards and best practices.
• Troubleshooting for plant emergencies and critical repairs
• Prepare check and review engineering and design documents, calculations and drawings
• Oversee the design of mechanical systems and components, including material selection... stress analysis, and equipment and component sizing and specification.
• Manage mechanical engineering projects from conception to completion, including scope definition, budgeting, scheduling, resource allocation, and risk.
• Manage a team of mechanical engineers and designers, providing guidance, mentoring, and coaching to ensure high performance and job satisfaction.
• Identify opportunities to optimize mechanical engineering processes and systems to enhance safety, quality, and operational performance.
• Ensure the training of national engineers and their oversight by senior staff
• Manage budget contribution within the project/running plant
• Engineering Degree from a recognized tertiary institute – mechanical is preferred
• 10 – 15 years of experience in mechanical design in a downstream plant environment
• Currently employed as a Head Mechanical Engineer in an engineering design project for at least the last 5 years
• Sound working knowledge of engineering and design - modifications to existing equipment, repairs, and new greenfield design
• Process equipment modifications – evaluate, and understand calculation & drawings
• Working knowledge and calculation experience in a variety of industry code standards with specific expertise with ASME VIII, API 650, API 610, and API 682
• Basic & detailed design of static and rotating equipment – must be a specialist in static and have sound exposure to rotating equipment
• Knowledge of materials for construction, welding, rolling, peening, heat treatment
• Shutdown and Turnaround experience
Soft Skills / Behavioural Competencies
• Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken is a must, French is an advantage
• Proven track record of developing, mentoring, and coaching at least 5 Engineers from the Engineer to Senior Engineer level.
• Ability to lead the team assigned to a project (good leadership skills)
• Act for Engineering Lead when on leave
The position offers a competitive remuneration package with a single status, 8 weeks on, and 4-week off the roster. Lodgings are modern and secure with meals provided on-site.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document
Head Mechanical Design Engineer Toamasina jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.