Visa Shanghai China
2 weeks ago
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
To ensure that Visa’s payment technology is truly available to everyone, everywhere requires the... success of our key bank or merchant partners and internal business units. The Global Data Science group supports these partners by using our extraordinarily rich data set that spans more than 3 billion cards globally and captures more than 100 billion transactions in a single year. Our focus lies on building creative solutions that have an immediate impact on the business of our highly analytical partners. We work in complementary teams comprising members from Data Science and various groups at Visa.
To support our rapidly growing group we are looking for Data Scientists who are equally passionate about the opportunity to use Visa’s rich data to tackle meaningful business problems. You will join one of the Data Science teams and be responsible for leading data science engagements with our partners.
What an Associate Data Scientist does at Visa:
The position will be based in Visa’s Shanghai office. The successful candidate will have the opportunities to work on huge varieties of projects with Visa Greater China. S/he will primarily support business partners to drive more opportunities in areas such as business planning, portfolio optimization, payment volume growth, and bespoke solution development. An ideal candidate is expected to have a highly analytical bent of mind and requisite skills to independently analyze and interpret data insights.
• Lead ETL and data analysis of large transactional data sets: using standard tools such as Hadoop Ecosystem, Python/Pyspark, SQL, Java etc.
• Create impactful and dynamic visual interfaces/ dashboards for the next generation of our data driven solutions
• Contribute to new data and analytic capabilities, bring in new techniques, and/or innovation ideas
• Work closely with the internal stakeholders to understand their challenges and craft solutions that help them to solve their problems
Why this is important to Visa
As payments consulting arm of Visa, VCA is growing a team of highly specialized experts who can provide best-in-class payment expertise and data-driven strategies to clients. We are building a high-performing team of data scientists, data analysts and statisticians helping major organizations adapt and evolve to meet the changes taking place in technology, finance, and commerce, with cutting-edge, creative and advanced analytic solutions. The purpose of the team is to help Visa’s clients grow their business and solve problems by providing consulting services through the use of data.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
What you will need:
• 1-3 years of analytical experience in applying statistical solutions to business problems. Post Graduate degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or equivalent experience preferred
• Hands-on in data conversion, developing machine learning models, and scaling data solutions
• Proficient in Hive, Spark, SQL, R/Python, ML packages and tools
• Experience with visualization and reporting tools, such as advanced user of Power BI, Tableau, MicroStrategy, open-source tool, or similar
• Outstanding problem-solving skills with Can-do attitude
• Exhibit intellectual curiosity and strive to continually learn, self-motivated and results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously
• Detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
• Banking /payment / broader merchant experiences are not desired but preferred
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law
Associate Data Scientist Shanghai jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.