Herman Miller, Inc.
Herman Miller, Inc. Atlanta GA Georgia
3 weeks ago
About this Opportunity
As a Systems Analyst, you'll be responsible for the design and implementation of IT processes. You will provide support to functional areas by creating and communicating solutions to complex problems and projects.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
• Take responsibility for database creation, configuration, tuning, backup, and recovery.
• Provide basic database administration such as adding or deleting users, objects, table spaces, etc.
• Monitor database performance and space management.
• Ensure Tier 2 line of support for implemented enterprise software packages.
• Take responsibility for installing, upgrading, and patching all ERP and enterprise-level software.
• Design, develop, and maintain production, development, testing, and training environments.
• Control access to these environments in compliance with SOX regulations.
• Migrate software changes to these environments in compliance with SOX regulations.
• Write and troubleshoot power shell, Perl, and SQL scripting languages.
• Create, update, monitor, and troubleshoot batch job scheduling.
• Participate in 24-7 on-call support and disaster recovery.
• Present work output in a clear and concise manner.
• Administer and maintain multiple high-availability relational databases systems.
• Apply advanced problem-solving skills and execute solutions to complex problems independently.
• Apply learned IT skills to work assignments.
• Coach and mentor IT tasks and skills to others.
• Develop and implement IT processes.
• Identify opportunities and own improvements to technologies and IT processes.
• Lead, define, and complete complex IT tasks independently. You may also lead small projects.
• Manage and hold accountability for project completions.
• Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have . . .
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems (IS), or another relevant academic discipline (preferred).
• Six years of professional IT and IS experience.
• Zero to two years of experience on project teams.
• Experience administering relational databases systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2.
• Experience working with server operating systems such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Unix, and Microsoft Windows.
• Experience with large databases supporting ERP applications.
• Experience working with enterprise SAN environments.
• Programming and tuning experience with SQL and proprietary extensions such as Oracle's PL/SQL and Microsoft's T-SQL.
• Five years of Unix/Wintel experience using system tools, editors, file structure, naming conventions, etc.
• Three years of experience with web server and web application server maintenance administration.
• Strong scripting skills with emphasis on Perl, power shell, environment variables, programming standards, and communications between Unix Systems.
• The ability to be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and function well in a self-directed, team-oriented environment.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good communications skills and the ability to work well in team environments.
• A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently being used in the Herman Miller office environment.
• Experience with 2020 Insight (preferred).
• An expert knowledge of how current trends and technology may be used to support business partners.
• A proficient understanding of and ability to identify how technology solves business problems.
• A core understanding of and ability to connect the needs of multiple Herman Miller functional areas.
• The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. MillerKnoll is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We’re committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Atlanta GA USA
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.