Seed Global Health
Seed Global Health Kampala Uganda
2 weeks ago
Qualifications and Project Scope
• Seed seeks to engage a deeply experienced facilitator who can — in parallel with our broader planning process — lead us in a strategic conversation about how to proactively and tangibly advance equity, inclusion, and decolonization at Seed Global Health — both in our workplace and through our work itself.
• This equity and inclusion consultant will guide our organization through a participatory 1-2 month discovery process, leveraging both internal Seed feedback and resources as well as outside research and best practice to produce a set of findings and recommendations for consideration over the next five years of Seed’s growth. We are keen that the recommendations do not sit on a shelf, and are actionable and that Seed is able to leverage the output to guide decisions.
The ideal candidate will have experience in actively engaging and leading both small and large teams in facilitation of potentially challenging conversations and encouraging... out-of-the-box thinking and candor. The candidate should have a background in global development (experience in global health is a plus), with an understanding of how international nonprofits operate, the movement toward localization, and how organizations can best advance a strategy to decolonize their work.
Key tasks will include —
• Leading an initial research and discovery phase, including review of the equity and inclusion work Seed has engaged in over the past five years, such as DEI surveys and working group outputs;
• Engaging current team members (both leadership and broader staff) and potentially other external stakeholders such as local partners and donors to understand and articulate where Seed currently stands on its equity and inclusion journey;
Participating in broader Seed strategic planning sessions to understand where there are opportunities to incorporate equity and inclusion components within the five-year plan;
• Presenting initial findings and recommendations to Seed staff and strategic planning committee ahead of strategic plan completion;
• Engaging the Seed leadership team during the review phase to articulate specific areas in which the leadership team can take accountability for, and advance equity and inclusion objectives of the organization;
• Consolidating any edits, and producing a final report with findings and recommendations for the organization over the next five years.
Ideally, we would take on this work from July - September 2023, a window of opportunity to work in parallel with Seed’s five-year strategic planning process so that findings from one process can inform the other, and vice versa. Our aspiration is for equity and inclusion recommendations to be seamlessly built into the overall strategic plan alongside other objectives
Equity and Inclusion Consultant at Seed Global Health Kampala jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.