Cerelia Bakery Canada LP
Cerelia Bakery Canada LP Mississauga Canada
2 weeks ago
Cerelia Bakery Canada LP is now hiring Production Supervisor in Mississauga, ON. View job listing details and apply now.
Company Cerelia North America (US / Canada)
Ownership Cerelia Group, Paris, France (Europe)
Associates 700 in North America / 2,000 worldwide
Year Founded 1974
Company Locations Headquarters: Toronto, Canada
Toronto (Canada); Columbus, OH, Atlanta, GA & Greenville, SC (USA)
Cerelia North America is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario (Canada), which was incorporated in 1983. Celeria’s key businesses are food manufacturing of cookies, rolled dough and pancakes/waffles for retail, food services and national brands. Cerelia North America employs approximately 700 associates.
The activities of Cerelia North America are split over 4 different locations:
• Toronto, Ontario (CA): 2 factories and 1 distribution Center (cookies)
• Columbus, Ohio (USA): 1 factory (cookies & rolled dough)
• Atlanta, Georgia (USA): 1 distribution... center (rolled dough & pancakes)
• Greenville, South Carolina (USA): 1 factory (pancakes & waffles)
Cerelia Group currently operates 12 production plants globally with approximately 2,000 associates throughout Europe, North America, and Asia. Products are sold in 22 countries with current sales of ~$550 million Euros (CA$800 million). Cerelia’s business model is the combination of quality, innovation, and cost efficiency. In 2020, Cerelia invested more than CA$60M in new factories and production lines in North America.
At the core of Cerelia’s strategy, our corporate responsibility focus points include the reduction of our environmental footprint, a responsible sourcing policy, the improvement of the nutritional profile of our products, and finally the development & engagement of our associates. Visit our annual report here
Cerelia’s associates demonstrate every day the following core values:
• Entrepreneurial Spirt: “Every day is an opportunity”
• Together with Cerelia: “Building our success together”
• Commitment: “Positive energy in everything we do”
Our ambition is to become the world leading partner for dough solutions, empowering consumers to create happy home-baking moments.
Cerelia offers a wide range of baked cookies, cookie dough, pizza dough, pie crust, puff pastry, pancakes, frozen waffles and breakfast sandwiches; commercialized under our clients’ brands, both retailers, food services and industrial companies, as well as under its own brands: English Bay Bakery, Wewalka, and Pop! Bakery.
Cerelia North America’s strategy is articulated around 4 axes, aiming to improving its performance and seizing future growth opportunities, while embracing the company’s heritage and distinctive strengths:
• Create a solid base: doing well what we do today, increase customer satisfaction and profitability
• Drive innovation around our 3 product platforms: cookies, rolled dough and pancakes / waffles
• Enhance our capabilities & talent: implementing new systems, developing a broader industrial footprint, and investing in our talent
• Accelerate growth, through organic growth, strategic partnerships, and acquisitions
In 2020, we reset and refocused the business around the Toronto facilities for cookies, while adding Wewalka US, a rolled dough company with an excellent reputation and distribution across the US retailers, to our portfolio.
In March 2021, US Waffle, leader in pancakes & waffles joined the Cerelia family; in June 2021, we will open a new, state-of-the art, 170,000 sq. ft. factory in Columbus, Ohio.
Cerelia continues to strengthen the relationship with its strategic customers across multiple distribution channels: food service, in store bakeries, retailers, clubs, convenience stores, and industrial partners.
The Supervisor’s is responsible for ensuring that the production and mixing area are operational during the shift, run effectively and efficiently while maintaining the required safety and quality standards. Responsibilities will include the training of staff in production methods, safety, policies and procedures. In the course of their duties, the Supervisor will complete paperwork and hold responsibilities for the operation of various types of machinery and any necessary assigned work. Through the effective management of targets, goals and production efficiencies, the Supervisor will ensure the ongoing success of outgoing products. The Supervisor must be prepared to work as a team member and with minimal supervision, follow all safety and food safety procedures, and have a high threshold for heat in a manufacturing environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Ensure proper preparation before work starts, communicate instruction and targets to the team.
• Ensure shift targets are being met.
• Schedule and manage hours worked by employees in such way that minimum overtime is accrued.
• Ensure new and existing employees are continuously trained.
• Give timely feedback on new hire performance to Human Resources and the Production Manager.
• Write accurate production reports, proactively report gaps and opportunity for improvement.
• Work closely with other departments such as Logistics, Quality, Sanitation, Maintenance and HR regarding daily tasks as required.
• Closely review performance of employees and discipline/reward them when needed in consultation with Human Resources.
• Adhering to and enforcing all policies, procedures and programs of the company (GMP, Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety etc) at all times.
• Other related duties and assigned.
What you bring to the table:
• 3-4 years of experience in a food manufacturing environment strongly preferred
• Positive and eager attitude
• HACCP, GMP WHIMS experience necessary
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Previous supervisory experience (over 10 employees)
• Weekend and overtime availability mandatory as required
• Team player - A team player with proven problem-solving skills
• Flexible - you are comfortable jumping from task to task quickly
• Forward thinking - you look for new and better ways to deliver our high quality products in your workspace
• Go-Getter - you want to work! You are driven by quality and the accomplishment of a job well done
• Attention to Detail - you are the champion of our product. Our end customers are directly impacted by your actions so a laser focus on the details is critical
What you will receive in return:
• CAD$ 65,000-70,000 annual pay
• Fully Employer Paid Medical Insurance includes Dental & Vision.
• Life Insurance
• 3 Weeks Paid Vacation.
• Comprehensive training program, tailored to each individual - regardless if you're a food manufacturing veteran or new to the industry, we will ensure you receive the training you need to succeed.
• Clean and safe production facility.
• Career advancement opportunities.
Production Supervisor Mississauga jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.