Heidelberg Materials US, Inc.
Heidelberg Materials US, Inc. Ontario Canada
2 weeks ago
Pay Class: Salaried Exempt
Minimum Pay Rate: $82,300.00
Maximum Pay Rate: $123,400.00
Line of Business: Cement Operations
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
The Production Supervisor is responsibility for supervising bargaining unit production employees in storing, grinding, and burning of raw materials, clinker and cement production. This position ensures compliance with all standards, policies, and regulations for safe, environmentally sound production of a quality product.
This position reports directly to the Production Manager and is based in Picton, ON. Picton is located in Prince Edward County, an island... in Lake Ontario where you come to fall in love with food, drink, nature, art, and community all over again.
What you’ll get to do
• Supervise and direct production employees on the assigned operating shift to maximize productivity and optimize the utilization of manpower, resources, and equipment.
• Supervise the operation of the plant from quarry to cement dispatch as well as providing troubleshooting for production, process control, equipment, and quality.
• Work directly with maintenance and other departments to coordinate and manage the needs of the business.
• Ensure timely call-out of maintenance, production and other personnel.
• Ensure and document appropriate training for employees.
• Coordinate and implement small projects.
• Have and ensure daily shift changeover meetings.
• Participate in daily start and close-out meetings for maintenance.
• Prepare operating shift reports.
• Check hazard assessment, check sheets, shift notes and other reports and translate them into actions.
• Participate in the planning and execution of the annual shutdown.
• Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
What We Are Looking For
• College education or post high school technical training or equivalent.
• 5 years or more cement plant operating experience or other industries with continuous operations.
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and respectfully.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Motivation, ability, and willingness to work rotating shifts, holidays, and overtime as needed to ensure leadership coverage and support for the operation.
• SAP (preferred, but not obligatory).
• Experience in Union and Non-Union environments and a strong background with direct management of a multi-shift operation.
• Role operates in a manufacturing environment with moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, elevated noise levels, and dusty conditions.
What We Have to Offer
• Competitive base salary and participation in our annual incentive plan.
• Industry leading benefits package, including health, dental and wellness.
• Pension plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions and RRSP options.
• Opportunities for training, development, and career growth within a global organization.
Employer Statement: Heidelberg Materials welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations may be available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
Production Supervisor Ontario jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.