Michigan State University
Michigan State University East Lansing MI United States
3 weeks ago
Systems Engineering Team Manager / Information Technologist II/S...
Back to search results Apply now Job no: 858999
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:Information Technology Services
Department:Msu It Office Of The Acio 40000401
Sub Area:APSA- Pro Supervisory
Salary:Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Information Technology, Professional Supervisory- APSA, Full Time (90-100%), Union, Remote-Friendly
Systems Engineering Team Manager
The SLE IT team, Digital Strategies and Services (DSS), partners with units in the Division of Student Life and Engagement (SLE) to coordinate technology strategy that aligns unit needs with campus, divisional, and individual solutions. As an MSU IT federated unit, the DSS unit partners with centralized campus IT service providers to represent the needs of SLE in campus technology initiatives and shared services.
The Systems Engineering Team within DSS is responsible for the management of the infrastructure architecture, system provisioning, and networking and security needs for the Division of Student Life and Engagement (SLE).
Reporting to the Director of SLE Digital Strategies and Services, the Systems Engineering Team Manager will primarily perform the following duties
• Strategic planning of networking and server infrastructure
• Supervise and coach a staff of 4 full-time network administrators
• Management, administration, coordination, after-hours on-call, and architecture of:
• Physical and virtual servers as application, database, and web servers
• Storage appliances
• Backup systems
• Local firewall/web access firewall
• SaaS solutions
• Conduct divisional IT change management meetings
• Understanding of enterprise IT security requirements
• Coordinate activities and communications to respond to incidents such as website failures, network outages, power interruptions, etc. that impact SLE technology.
• Serve as SLE representative on various unit, SLE, and MSU IT partner meetings
• As a member of the DSS leadership team will be involved in strategic planning, project planning, and operational process improvement efforts.
• Serve after hours on call rotation every 8-10 weeks and as needed for emergent situations.
Michigan State University (MSU) is a top 100 global university located in East Lansing, three miles east of the state’s capitol. The MSU community includes more than 12,000 faculty, academic and support staff, as well as 49,695 students. MSU offers an extensive benefits package to its employees including health care, prescription, and dental coverage, and a base retirement program with a University matching contribution, as well as basic life insurance. In addition, MSU offers educational benefits including a course fee courtesy program and educational assistance.
MSU Information Technology provides the primary leadership for strategic, financial, and policy initiatives affecting information technology (IT) across MSU. MSU IT offers technology resources that support MSU’s mission of providing education, conducting research, and advancing engagement.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are essential elements, vital to the culture MSU Information Technology endeavors to cultivate. This includes providing opportunities and access for all people which incorporate differences of race, age, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, migratory status, disability/abilities, political affiliation, veteran status, and socioeconomic background.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program; three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in an information technology area related to the duties to be performed; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior supervisory experience.
• Ability to isolate, analyze, describe & resolve complex issues.
• Strong reasoning and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated understanding/usage of SaaS solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate work on multiple projects.
• Experience with vendor management.
• Project Management skills/training.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Resume and Cover Letter.
Three professional references knowledgeable of your work.
Remote Work Statement
MSU strives to provide a flexible work environment and this position has been designated as remote-friendly. Remote-friendly means some or all of the duties can be performed remotely as mutually agreed upon.
Bidding eligibility ends on 5/9/2023 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: May 3, 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
East Lansing MI USA
Jobs in East Lansing MI United States
Systems Engineering Team Manager / Information Technologist II/S East Lansing jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.