Yogen Früz Markham Canada
2 weeks ago
The objective of the Accountant is to maintain accounting books for assigned entities (mainly for the Cannabis industry for now), and to prepare financial statements, reporting to the Accounting Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Preparing and reviewing adjusting entries and reconciliations to ensure the monthly reporting packages are compliant with GAAP/ASPE and the reporting requirements
· Maintaining the general ledger system and developing financial modeling and reporting
· Supervising accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general accounting departments
· Preparing financial statements on a monthly, quarterly, and annually; assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable
· Managing all statutory and regulatory filings and returns (such as GST/HST, EHT, WSIB, T4s) and the correspondence with government bodies such as CRA and IRS
· Researching accounting issues for compliance
· Liaison with external accountants and partners for accounting & tax matters.
·... Hiring, training, and supervising accounting staff
· Assisting the controller and the VP in all aspects of accounting and treasury management, accounting policy, and procedure
· 3-5 years experience in accounting and finance.
· CPA and/or AICPA will be welcomed.
· Experience in US accounting & tax returns and knowledge of retail/cannabis industry will be an asset.
· Good communication and analytical skills.
· Excellent Excel skills and desire to learn
Our company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.