University of Georgia
University of Georgia Athens GA United States
1 week ago
website Posting Type External Retirement Plan TRS or ORP Employment Type Employee Benefits Eligibility Benefits Eligible Full / Part time Full Time Work Schedule Additional Schedule Information Normal business hours are M-F, 8-5...
Some after hours may be needed to meet deadlines. Advertised Salary $45,000 - $65,000 Posting Date 11 / 16 / 2022 Open until filled Yes Closing Date Proposed Starting Date 12 / 15 / 2022 Special Instructions to Applicants REQUIRED DOCUMENTS : · Resume / CV· Cover Letter· Portfolio with Links / Samples of Work in Photography, Video and Graphic Design Location of Vacancy Athens Area EEO Policy Statement The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR (hrweb ).
Position Information Classification Title Technical Design Professional FLSA Exempt FTE 1.00 Minimum Qualifications Requires at least a baccalaureate degree in the field.
Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education / experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.
Preferred Qualifications PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS : · Experience with content management systems· Experience producing visual assets for digital platforms, including social media· Professional experience in marketing, advertising, communications or related field · Knowledge of project management Position Summary The Multimedia Specialist is responsible for creating compelling visual stories across multiple platforms, using videography, photography, and creative graphics to support the Institute of Government’s marketing and communication efforts.
This role works within the Office of Communications to develop visual concepts that best support strategic messaging, providing innovative solutions to showcase Institute stories.
Core responsibilities include photography, videography and design, implementing UGA visual branding, and creating communications collateral, such as editorial photos, videos and animated graphics.
Designing in various digital platforms, this employee will conceptualize and create visual assets. The role will require photos and video for website display, social media, digital campaigns, and enewsletters.
The Multimedia Specialist should be a flexible, positive, creative person who enjoys the storytelling process and takes pride in delivering creative, high-quality work.
Projects often involve collaboration with other communicators and designers. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and / or Competencies
• Demonstrated portfolio of photo and video work, including field and studio assignments.
• Demonstrated high degree of video production and post-production skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and professional photography and video editing software.
• Experience in web-based video production and short-form storytelling.
• Shooting, concepting, editing, creating graphics, editing sound and color, as well as tagging and archiving on videography storage system(s).
• Develop visual assets for digital platforms, including social media.
• Working knowledge of social media and producing content for social platforms (including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube).
• Collaborate with others to create storyboards and write scripts.
• Professionalism and strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment as well as independently.
• Sitting at a computer.
• Some light lifting.
• Carry / hold camera and video equipment.
Is driving a responsibility of this position? No Is this a Position of Trust? No Does this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources?
No Does this position require a P-Card? No Is having a P-Card an essential function of this position? No Does this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care?
No Does this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications) No Credit and P-Card policy Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities.
For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website. Duties / Responsibilities Duties / Responsibilities Plan, shoot and edit photography :
• Manage photography needs for priority events and services as well as story assignments and institute stock images.
• Set up and shoot dynamic photos to best present and showcase the Institute of Government and its diverse programs and services.
• Organize photo shoots, including coordinating and coaching subjects and scouting locations as well as setting up backdrops and lighting equipment.
• Manage the photo editing process as well as the uploading of all photo material, understanding best practices for digital asset management systems and image databases.
Percentage of time 30 Duties / Responsibilities Plan, film and edit video :
• Plan and organize video shoots, working with Communications team members to establish desired storylines, selecting and coaching talent, writing scripts and interviewing subjects.
• Execute all aspects of video production, including setup, filming, sound, and lighting.
• Leverage editing software to gather and transfer video, sound, and graphic components into final production.
• Craft motion graphics, text treatments, and digital animation for video clips.
• Edit video files for use in digital and social media platforms.
• Manage assets on public channels such as YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
Percentage of time 30 Duties / Responsibilities Design graphics :
• Develop branded collateral, including static graphics, motion graphics, animated GIFs and more for digital newsletters, social media, websites and promotional materials.
• Design infographics and illustrations to creatively convey complex concepts and messages through visual storytelling.
• Develop templates for web and social media images and graphics.
• Stay up-to-date on current design and digital trends.
Percentage of time 20 Duties / Responsibilities Collaborate on Institute’s visual identity :
Percentage of time 15 Duties / Responsibilities
Other duties as assigned.
Percentage of time 5
Recruitment Contact Contact Details For questions concerning this position or recruitment progression, please refer to the Recruitment Contact listed below.
Recruitment Contact Name Courtney Alford-Pomeroy Recruitment Contact Email cpomeroy Recruitment Contact Phone
Last updated : 2023-05-13
Athens GA USA
Jobs in Athens GA United States
Multimedia specialist Athens jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.