PopCap Games Toronto Canada
2 weeks ago
We are looking for a Tech Artist to join us and help continue delivering a long-running and beloved IP to our players, Plants vs. Zombies! This artist will report to the Art Director, and work with our Senior Tech Artist on an upcoming Plants vs. Zombies mobile title. You will work directly with internal and external artists, animators, designers, and engineers. You will create eye catching visual effects and help the art and animation team to bring the world of Plants vs. Zombies to life. You have experience in tech art for mobile games with a focus on creating visual effects, implementation of animation and pipeline optimization.
• Create and implement high-quality 2D and 2.5D VFX that meet both artistic and technical specifications.
• Provide feedback to external artists on 2.5D models, rigs, and animations.
• Lead the implementation of characters (and animation), environments, and game mechanics. Collaborate with artists, design, and engineers to ensure... functionality and run time optimization.
• Identify opportunities for and create custom shaders, scripts, and other tooling to improve the look and processes of in game art.
• Shipped at least 1 mobile game or large-scale non-game project OR 3+ years of experience as a Tech Artist
• Very experienced with Unity, including setting up animation state machine and creating 2D & 3D VFX.
• Experience with simple modeling and texturing in Maya or similar 3D software
• Experience using Git/Version Control
• Experience writing shaders or tools for Unity or Maya and creating documentation to support it.
• Strong visual design skills
• Located in Toronto area
Us Compensation And Benefits
The hourly pay ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the hourly pay range for your specific location.
EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $37 - $55
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $34 - $55
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $34 - $55
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $34 - $50
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $34 - $50
The hourly rate is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.