University of Idaho
University of Idaho Moscow Russia
2 weeks ago
Posting Number TF00019P Recruitment Title Temp-Faculty Lecturer Position Control Number 9450 Location Moscow FTE 1.0 Contract Basis Academic Year Anticipated Contract Start Date 08/14/2023 Contract End Date 05/17/2024 FLSA Status Overtime Exempt Advertising Pay Range Commensurate with experience Posting Date 05/05/2023 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Applications received by June 10, 2023 will receive priority consideration.
Applicants please attach the following documents to your application:
• Cover letter
• Contact information for 3 references, including phone numbers and email addresses.
• Teaching statement,
• One example of published work (book chapter, article, paper for presentation, or excerpt less than 8,000 words). Upload to Other Document 1 field.
• Brief descriptions and/or Syllabi of course content the candidate might prepare for the scheduled offerings above. Upload to Other Document 2... field.
Background Check Statement Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
EEO Statement The University of Idaho (U of I) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, U of I does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, genetic information or status as any protected veteran or military status in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions and educational programs.
Unit/Department Summary Art + Design at the University of Idaho offers programming that focuses on Fine Art and Design supported by 9 full-time faculty and 2-3 part-time lecturers. It enrolls approximately 120 undergraduate majors and 12 graduate students.
As a program within the College of Art & Architecture (CAA), Art + Design offers courses that serve degree programs including BFA in Studio Art & Design, BA in Art, BS in Secondary Education/Art Degree, and MFA in Art as well as minors seeking other degrees in CAA. The University of Idaho, the land-grant university of the state of Idaho, is a residential campus of 12,000 students. The University is situated in the center of the town of Moscow, Idaho. Nestled in the rolling hills of the Palouse, Moscow has an active arts commission that promotes the thriving cultural scene with festivals, gallery openings, art education programs, concerts, theater, dance and more.
The University of Idaho has an institution-wide commitment to diversity, human rights, multiculturalism and community. The University expresses that commitment by actively recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and student body, and by building and sustaining a welcoming, supportive campus environment. The University of Idaho provides outstanding leadership opportunities for people interested in promoting and enhancing diversity, nurturing creativity and building community.
Position Summary The Art + Design Program at the University of Idaho invites applications for a full-time Visiting Assistant Professor in Art History for the 2023-2024 academic year, beginning in the fall semester 2023. The teaching load for this position will be 3/2 (3 credit courses each) comprising the following offerings:
• Fall 2023:
• ART 303: Contemporary Art and Theory
• ART 407: New Media
• ART 204: Special Topics (developed for sophomore level undergraduates)
• Spring 2024:
• ART 205: Visual Culture
• ART 404: Special Topics (ideally developed from candidate’s research areas for upper-level undergraduates/graduate students)
This position serves undergraduate and graduate (MFA) students in studio Art + Design as well as those from across the College of Art & Architecture and greater university.
We seek candidates whose teaching capacities and scholarship focus on modern and contemporary art and include expertise in critical theory, the study of visual culture, and digital/new media. An ideal candidate will also have familiarity with cross-cultural perspectives, non-western art history, and be able to share relevant original research with a diverse student population. This faculty member is expected to teach a 2:3 load in Art and Design according to the needs of the department and as directed by the department chair. The faculty member will conduct research in the field of art history and media studies, publish such research in peer reviewed journals, present findings at professional conferences, curate or exhibit in solo and/or group exhibitions regionally, nationally, and internationally and submit proposals to extramural agencies to fund this work.
NOTE: The position will be classified as Visiting Professor if the successful candidate holds rank at another academic institution. If the candidate does not hold rank at another institution the position will be classified as a temporary-faculty lecturer.
Job Duty Functions Enter the percentage of effort for each responsibility area. Enter 0% if there is no effort in the area. Total effort for all areas combined needs to equal 100%.
Teaching & Advising 85 Scholarship & Creative Activity 15 Outreach & Extension 0 University Service & Leadership 0
Minimum Education/Degree Required
• MA in Art History or a closely related field (Visual Studies, Museum Studies) from an
• Experience teaching at the college level.
• An active or growing record of publication, and a record of supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion both professionally and in the classroom.
• PhD in Art History or a closely related field (Visual Studies, Museum Studies) from an accredited institution.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions N/A
• Cover Letter/Letter of Application
• List of References
• Research/Teaching Philosophy
• Other Document 1
• Other Document 2
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
• Academic Keys
• Association of Public and Land Grant Universities (APLU)
• Chronicle of Higher Education
• Craig's List
• Department of Labor/Job Service including Job Central or Idaho Works
• Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
• Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
• HireEd/Academic Impressions
• Inside Higher Ed
• National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges (website)
• Professional Listservs (Ex: NACUBO, AAAE, ISMC, etc.)
• Veterans in Higher Ed
• Word of Mouth
• Other Advertising Venue
• University of Idaho Website
• University of Idaho Daily Register
• University of Idaho Employee
Were you referred to this employment opportunity by a current University of Idaho employee? If so, please provide their name and department.
(Open Ended Question
Temp-Faculty Lecturer Moscow jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.