Carlysle Human Capital
Carlysle Human Capital Cape Town South Africa
1 week ago
NEC XON is seeking an Electrical Engineer experienced in operations support of critical facilities, such as data centre environmental systems and telecommunications infrastructure. As the Chief Engineer responsible for the technical delivery of all contracted services to our customers, against strict service guidelines and within the required service levels.
This role will form a close working relationship with our contracts management team and Chief Architect. Together you will onboard new sub-contractors, define delivery methodologies, perform quality control, and ensure a unified, sustainable service delivery model.
You will also directly manage all incident escalation within the runtime environment and manage and guide technical team leads to ensure compliance with agreed and regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidate will be able to work broadly, leading critical projects cross-functionally and independently, leading deep dives and expert analyses.
• Lead complex electrical engineering projects and initiatives, including working cross-functionally with design teams, construction, field operations, vendors, and other engineers;
• Conduct analyses and audits of electrical systems and lead improvements;
• Evaluate electrical specifications and design criteria for retrofits, and provide input on future designs based on operational observations from contractors and technical leads;
• Provide technical guidance with project plans and frequently inform on progress, risks, and quality;
• Review technical feedback and identify critical areas of corrective measures;
• Ensure accurate execution of all routine preventative maintenance by provided methodologies by regular onsite visits and quality controls;
• Participate in equipment failure and incidents and drive Root-Cause-Analysis (RCA) where relevant. Provide the required recommendations back to the Chief Architect and associated teams;
• Review and manage all updated "as-built" documentation as re-configurations occur;
• Respond to critical P1 incidents and emergencies as Technical Operations Lead; and
• Participate in vendor, supplier, and contractor management at each site.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
• Communication, presentation, project management, and reporting experience
• Knowledge substations, mission-critical power distribution, and generator power systems
• Knowledge of industry standards, building codes, and safety standards
• Cross-discipline knowledge of critical facility systems
• Troubleshooting and analytical experience
• Knowledge of short circuit coordination and arc flash studies
• Experience in load management at the operations level within a critical facility
• Electrical Engineering
Desired Work Experience
• More than 10 years
Desired Qualification Level & Accreditations
• Engineering Council of South Africa
Cape Town South Africa
Jobs in Cape Town South Africa
PR Electrical Engineer at NEC XON Systems Cape Town jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.