Lloyd's Register Yokohama Kanagawa Japan
1 week ago
HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) Specialist
Location: Yokohama, Japan
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a highly motivated, independent, and professional HSE Specialist to join us in Japan.
Working collaboratively with the Group HSES and Area HSES teams to contribute HSES specialist knowledge into creating innovative local programs to drive good HSE practices, culture, and mindset; and implement the Business Management System and strategy, and ensure its effective implementation for the geography of responsibility. This is a regular full-time position.
What we offer you
• Competitive remuneration
• Paid Annual leave
• Company Pension
• Annual Medical Check
• Flexible ways of working
• Growth opportunities for career development
Performance reporting and Management
• Plans(KPIs and PPPs) organize and direct all HSES activities for the LR Japan operations ensuring operational risk is effectively assessed and controlled.
• Monitor, measure... and review Area HSE performance (including trend analysis) and prepare management reports.
• Act as a subject matter expert on having business to comply any internal/external HSES-related assessment/audit as well inspection Process.
• Support and promote the area leadership to plan/implement engagement with both internal/external customers on HSES matters
• Ensure HSE issues are communicated with the Area and local management and are acted on effectively.
• Establish links and liaise with client sites on HSE matters, as appropriate.
• Provide advice/mentoring for the Area Leadership Teams and all other appropriate employees on HSEs matters
• Acting as HSE point of contact for LR business streams, as requested by the Area Lead
• Maintains compliance with requirements from both local government and workplace.
• Establish area schemes for reporting and communicating incidents/performance as well as the HSES committee.
• Plan, deliver, and monitor HSEs training within the area
• Oversee compliance with HSE instructions, systems, and legal requirements, ensuring employees are suitably trained and adequate resources are available to work safely.
• Leads to comprehensive incident investigations, root cause analysis, and support in developing remedial work plans.
• Report in a timely manner all incidents including near misses and safety observations (NMSO), accidents, and injuries and raise any health and safety concerns with your line manager.
• Work in collaboration with the HSE team to advance the digitization of HSE systems and processes, including the development of new tools and applications.
• Introducing new approaches when creating and leading the implementation of local HSE initiatives and best practices within, including Group policies, recognizing the different legislative regimes and cultural factors in each country, through the identification, selection, and piloting of suitable technologies.
Improving HSE Culture
• Lead by example and champion effective HSE performance improvement.
• Plan and Establish the winners/Champions program to promote LR team involvement on HSES activities and review its effectiveness.
General Business/Regulatory Support
• Support local LR Area leadership team to prepare required budgets for HSEs activities
• Liaison with local regulatory offices and suppliers for establishing/managing LR-approved PPEs to be supplied in a timely manner.
• Provide data and support to the business lines producing bid response documentation/presentations.
• Stay up to date on all external regulatory and client HSE initiatives/requirements, ensure compliance, and identify those that have a direct impact on the LR GMS and provide recommendations for improvements.
What you bring
• University degree of engineering or higher with emphasis on HSE Management preferred
• Preferred to have more than 5 years of experience in the field of Maritime industries or engineering
• Communication Skills in both Japanese and English
• Strong numerical, including the ability to analyze, and interpret data sets, identify patterns, and make evidence-based recommendations.
• Proven experience of leading and successfully delivering change programs
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven communication skills in a multicultural environment.
• High cultural sensitivity, and experience of socio-economic influences upon HSE, particularly with emerging economies
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
• Proven experience in developing solutions to HSE challenges and assisting operations with implementation. High level of visibility and credibility to drive improvement in safety and environmental performance.
We are a leading international technical professional service provider and a leader in classification, compliance, and consultancy services to the marine and offshore industry, a trusted advisor to our customers helping to design, construct and operate their assets to the highest levels of safety and performance. We are shaping the industry’s future through the development of novel and innovative technology for the next generation of assets, while continuing to deliver solutions for our customers every day.
Be a part of
Lloyd’s Register is wholly owned by the Lloyd’s Register Foundation, a politically and financially independent global charity that aims to engineer a safer world through promoting safety and education. For a thriving ocean economy, Lloyd’s Register colleagues and Lloyd’s Register Foundation work together to fund research, foster industry collaboration and develop action-oriented solutions to make the world a safer place.
Want to apply
We hire people with a wide variety of skills, experience, and backgrounds. This includes people with disability, women, people identifying as LGBTIQIA+, culturally and linguistically diverse people, careers, and other varied groups.
We are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to all candidates. Please let us know if you need any assistance or reasonable adjustments throughout your application and we will do everything we possibly can to support you.
If you don't tick every box in these ads, please don't rule yourself out. We focus on hiring people who share our goal of working together for a safer, sustainable, thriving ocean economy.
We care, we share, we do the right thing
If you have further questions about this role, please contact us at [email protected] and we will respond to you as soon as possible
Yokohama Kanagawa Japan
Jobs in Yokohama Kanagawa Japan
HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) Specialist Yokohama jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.