Marondera University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology (MUAST)
Marondera University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology (MUAST) Marondera Zimbabwe
1 week ago
Marondera University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology (MUAST) is a leading institution of higher learning dedicated to promoting innovation, creativity, and excellence in agricultural sciences and technology education and research. As part of our commitment to providing high-quality education and training, the University is inviting suitably qualified and experienced individuals to apply for the following position that has arisen at the higher learning institution.
Director: African Indigenous Vegetables
The Director, African Indigenous Vegetables Institute plays a pivotal role in the University’s Senior Management structure, providing strategic leadership, coordinating the governance and overall management of the Centre’s functions. The successful candidate will be appointed on a four (4) year contract and can be renewed based on satisfactory performance.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Director, African Indigenous Vegetables shall be responsible:
Duties and... Responsibilities
• Providing leadership in research, innovation and development in the African Indigenous Vegetables Institute.
• Developing a strategic plan and implementation plan for the Institute in line with the University Strategic Plan and Education 5.0 policy.
• Coordinating relevant Units of the University on cross-cutting issues and Technology matters on African Vegetables.
• Budgetary planning, control and allocation of income and funding of the Institute in line with University Financial Regulations.
• Management of human resources activities, staff development and performance management in liaison with the Human Resources Department.
• Mobilising resources for the Institute.
• Management of the Institute’s infrastructure and assets with the support of service Departments.
• Developing collaborations and strategic partnerships with Alumni, Institutions, Corporations and Government Agencies in liaison with University Administration.
• Undertaking any other related duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Master’s degree in Crop Science, Agronomy, Biotechnology or relevant qualification
• An earned PhD degree is a distinct advantage.
• Have a proved track record in academic and administrative leadership and the ability to give sound academic direction to the Institute.
• Have evidence of sound research and innovation and be published in related academic discipline.
• Track record in resource mobilisation for research, innovation and industrialisation.
Skills and Attributes:
• Proven commitment to academic excellence and collaboration across disciplines.
• Leadership and people management skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Decision-making and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Good organisational skills.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE: Information on salary and other benefits will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications which should include the application letter, certified copies of certificates, national identification, birth certificate and detailed Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names, addresses and email addresses of three (3) referees
Director: African Indigenous Vegetables Marondera jobs
Jobs by Marondera University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology (MUAST)
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.