City of Spartanburg Spartanburg SC United States
4 months ago
We offer you a rewarding & challenging career in Law Enforcement. APPLY Today!
Seeking applicants who possess key skills such as inter-personal communications, problem-solving, basic technological expertise, critical thinking, empathy, and “community-mindedness”. Our Next Entry Level Civil Service Agility Test (PAT) Day
is on Saturday...
After you apply, we will schedule your Written Test (Nelson Denny) appointment via email. Please check your inbox and respond promptly!
You must be able to supply copies of the following documents:
• Driver's License
• Birth Certificate
• Social Security Card
• GED or High School Diploma
• DD214 (if applicable)
You will be asked to sign pre-employment authorization forms at City Hall in Spartanburg, SC.
Questions? Call 864-596-2351 - Serious Applicants Only!
The Spartanburg Police Department is a nationally accredited, professional police service dedicated to making our city a safer place to live by fighting crime and improving the quality of life in our neighborhoods. A City of Spartanburg Police Officer is under general supervision and performs activities required in the enforcement of state and local laws relating to public safety.
• Police officers patrol a designated area of the City to prevent and discover crime.
• Enforce traffic laws, direct traffic, take charge at traffic accidents, assist motorists, pedestrians and the injured in accidents.
• Respond to emergency calls regarding domestic violence and make arrests as necessary.
• Investigate buildings as assigned in order to determine if and when a break-in has occurred.
• Prepare and submit reports regarding complaints pertaining to larceny, stolen property, shoplifting, assault and battery, robbery, etc.
• Investigate reports of suspicious people and vehicles as assigned.
• Serve arrest and bench warrants to the public as necessary.
• Testify in court regarding traffic and criminal cases.
• Perform all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
Learn more... Spartanburg Police Department Recruiting A high school diploma or equivalent, and a valid SC drivers license. You must be at least 21 years of age, be a United States citizen and able to obtain required certification from the SC Criminal Justice Academy. Be free of drug use and have no felony convictions.
College education preferred! The equivalent combination of training and related work experience may be considered.
To be considered for our employment hiring process, applicants must sign pre-employment forms, successfully complete a 3-part Civil Service Exam (written test, a physical agility test & oral interview) and be approved by the City of Spartanburg's Civil Service Commission.
Check your inbox regularly during this hiring process! - All Police Officer applicants will be contacted via email! Please add the following email to your contact list to ensure prompt delivery: [email protected] Pay Ranges Effective 07/01/2022:
Minimum Starting Wages
Entry Level $42,972.80
Police Officer I (1 yr.) $45,094.40
Police Officer II (2 yrs.) $45,739.20
Plus cost-of-living adjustments (COLA). Wages depend on years of service.
Job Posting Close Date: Open Until All Positions Are Filled
The City of Spartanburg is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity
Spartanburg SC USA
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.