Enable Ireland Wicklow Ireland
3 weeks ago
Would you like to work for a great employer? Enable Ireland is an organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of children and adults with disabilities in Ireland, and ranked 8th in the healthcare division of the Irish Independent's Best Employers 2022 list.
We have an exciting opportunity for Senior Psychologists based at our Enable Ireland Wicklow Children's Services, CDNT5-North Wicklow Bray.
Contract Type: Permanent Part Time and Full Time
Salary Scale: €84,271 - €99,054 pro rata per annum
Overall Purpose of the Post:
To work as a senior member of the interdisciplinary team providing supports to children and young persons aged 0-18 years and their families within Children's Disability Network Team (CDNT5). The post holder will be responsible for the provision of psychology services to children and families attending services on the CDNT, to include assessment and intervention, clinical supervision and ongoing service delivery to children with a range of disabilities... This post holder will be required to work across a variety of settings including the clinic, schools, preschools and special schools, children's homes and community settings.
Overview of Duties & Responsibilities: Outlined in Job Description.
Eligible applicants must:
1. Have a university degree or diploma (QQ1 level 8 equivalent) obtained with 1st or 2nd class honours in which Psychology was taken as a major subject and honours obtained in that subject
2. Hold a recognized validated post-graduate professional psychology qualification in Psychology accredited by the Psychological Society of Ireland in Clinical, Counselling or Educational Psychology
3. An equivalent qualification from another jurisdiction validated by the Department of Health.
4. Must be a member of the Psychological Society of Ireland.
5. Applicants who qualified outside the Republic of Ireland must already have their qualifications validated by the Department of Health and Children and the Psychological Society of Ireland.
6. Be eligible to work in the state.
7. Demonstrate competence in the Care Group/s applied for.
8. Applicants must have at least five years satisfactory post-graduate experience in the area of professional psychology, no more than three years of which was spent in gaining the postgraduate professional qualification and no less than two years full-time spent in post-qualification experience as a professional psychologist. Years in excess of the permitted three years for completion of the post-graduate training or time not worked will not be taken into consideration when assessing the five years' experience requirement.
9. Applicants with a clinical or counselling psychology qualification must demonstrate that they have acquired in appropriate health settings, for the area / areas for which they wish to apply - Disability (Child and Adult), Child Psychology, Adult Psychology - either at least 60 days or equivalent supervised clinical placements as part of the professional qualification; or at least 60 days or equivalent post-qualification supervised work experience as a psychologist. Note 2.
10. Applicants with an educational psychology qualification must demonstrate that they have acquired in appropriate health settings for the area / areas for which they wish to apply - Child Disability, Child Psychology - either at least 60 days or equivalent supervised clinical placements as part of the professional qualification; or at least 60 days or equivalent post-qualification supervised work experience as a psychologist. Note 2.
Combinations of supervised clinical placement experience as part of the qualification and post qualification supervised work experience within a single care group area to give a total of 60 days are not acceptable.
11. Candidates must possess the requisite knowledge and ability, including a high standard of suitability for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
12. Have worked at least 12 months in the disability services sector.
13. Experience of working with children and young adults from birth to 18 years, with a range of disabilities (including physical disability, autism, learning disability and their families).
14. Experience and qualification in completing diagnostic work ups (including ASD, Developmental Delay and Intellectual Disability).
15. Full Driver License with access to own transport.
• Previous experience in a senior post
• Experience of facilitating parent groups
• Experience of inter disciplinary team working
• Experience working in a community paediatric setting
• Experience of supervision and the supervision process
• ADOS II Training
• ADI-R or DISCO training
• Griffiths III training
• Bayley Scales Training
• Specific training in neuro development psychology
If you believe you would fit the role then please submit your application today.
As an employee of Enable Ireland, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
• Excellent training opportunities
• Generous annual leave entitlements
• Long service reward scheme
• Pay adjusted Maternity Leave
• Pay adjusted Adoptive Leave
• Pay adjusted Paternity Leave
• Wellbeing benefits
Psychologist Senior Wicklow jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.