General Dynamics Basel Switzerland
3 weeks ago
Responsibilities for this Position
Senior IT Project Manager
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
In order to reinforce the Human Resources team in Basel we are currently recruiting for an
Senior IT Project Manager
As a Senior IT Project Manager, you will be designing, implementing, delivering, and maintaining enterprise IT services and solutions. The person will manage projects throughout the entire lifecycle and... have excellent knowledge of Business Applications, Data Analytics and Visualization, IT Infrastructure, Cloud Services and Automation. The Senior IT Project Manager will also be an integral participant in creating, communicating, and implementing a new IT Project Management Office within Global IT. This role will be required to work closely with functional resources, line of business teams and leaders, IT peers, project stakeholders and external vendors for an end-to-end implementation of new digital platforms, IT products and services, with a particular focus on digital transformation. They will also be responsible for clearly and effectively communicating and translating complex technical initiatives to business stakeholders. The person will ensure projects deliver desired value to the organization and should possess exceptional leadership skills and qualities.
• Responsible for overall management of the project lifecycle to include scope, requirements, schedule, budget, process/solution design, communications and training, vendor management, stakeholder management, test planning and execution, cutover planning, hypercare support and transition to operational teams
• Translate complex technical tasks and initiatives to business stakeholders using clear and concise communication, professional presentations to effectively provide awareness and status to key project stakeholders
• Effectively lead project team through all project phase, aligning teams and resources, providing guidance, and establishing project goals and objectives, and actively ensuring all project resources and stakeholders are aware of and aligned to the overall project plan and project success
• Contribute to project intake and evaluation processes, supporting efforts related to identification, evaluation and prioritization of business and IT project needs
• Responsible for the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant project team members and stakeholders.
• Support the collection of detailed business and technical requirements by facilitating working sessions with the appropriate project stakeholders and team members
• Responsible for the development of a detailed project plan to monitor and track project progress, adhere to project governance reviews via steering committee and timely completion of project deliverables
• As part of overall project plan management, the project manager is responsible for identifying the critical path while driving completion of interdependent activities
• Track project performance and compile weekly status reports to communicate performance to all stakeholders
• Actively identify and manage risks, develop mitigation plans, escalate as appropriate while leveraging problem solving techniques to identify potential solutions and resolve issues timely
• Manage change control mechanisms to ensure timely delivery, while monitoring and driving completion of interdependent activities and adjustment to project schedules to achieve overall completion deadline
• Develop project resource plan, monitor project resource availability, communicating conflicts to appropriate management teams and tracking external resource costs to ensure completion within budget
• Provide ample communication and leadership to the project team members about every aspect of the project so that they understand their tasks fully and act on them efficiently
• Develop project test plans, coordinate, and monitor execution of all test cycles, manage defects and issues to resolution
• Develop overall cutover plan/schedule, document hypercare plan and support model
• Prepare project for transition to operations, execute project closure activities and conduct lessons learned and retrospective meetings
• Participate in the evaluation of project and portfolio management tools for selection and implementation within the Global IT PMO
• Participate in establishment of Global IT project management methodology, process
• Participate and engage in various project committees such as the business technology committee, the IT leadership project committee, and any other project specific governance bodies
• Bachelors degree with a concentration in project management, business management, computer science or a related field
• Certified in PMP, PPM, PMPM, CPM, CSM, MPM, Agile or Prince2
• 5+ years project management experience
• Experience leading HR and/or Finance projects, programs, or transformational initiatives
• Graduate degree in a related discipline
• Excellent planning and time management skills
• Excellent negotiation skills with vendors and ability to influence stakeholders
• Excellent leadership abilities
• Ability to clearly communicate at all levels of the organization, including executive management
• Self-motivated, able to work independently or as a team
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead through others including advocacy and assertiveness with a global mindset
• Strong personal values corresponding with Jet Aviation values (Trust, Honesty, Alignment, Transparency)
If you are interested in a multicultural, challenging and innovative working environment and your profile matches our requirements, we are looking forward to receiving your online application (cover letter & CV in English please).
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Jet Aviation, where individuals are hired, employed, recognized, and advance based upon their individual skills and abilities and without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), status as a protected veteran or any status or characteristic protected from employment discrimination under applicable federal, state and local laws (EEO status). This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, and opportunities for training and advancement.
Senior IT Project Manager Basel jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.