KUDO Tokyo Japan
1 week ago
KUDO is a New York based startup providing a language as a service platform enabling video conferencing with live language translation. Our expertise covers streaming real-time language interpretation to client’s web meetings and live conferences and keeps participants engaged no matter where they are. KUDO is revolutionizing the conferencing and language service industry, seeking to break through all geographic and language barriers impeding multilingual communication. We seek to create connections and allow people and businesses to work together from anywhere, at any time, and in any language. KUDO is a young startup that was founded in 2017. We are growing quickly with numerous multinational enterprise clients. If our mission resonates with you, please check us out at kudoway.com.
While KUDO is headquartered in New York City, our team is globally distributed and culturally diverse with employees spanning across all corners of the world. We have teams... partners, and customers across North America, Europe, Asia, and South America.
We are eagerly seeking talented individuals to join us in our mission to overcome language and geographic barriers around the world. If our mission resonates with you, we highly encourage you to apply!
We are currently looking for an Interpretation Intern. We are considering candidates with active written, oral, and interpreting proficiency (native or near-native) in English (A or B level*) in combination with Japanese (A level).
Proficiency in other languages is a plus. Our ideal candidate is a great team player who is organized and comfortable providing orientation and training online. They have proven experience or training as a conference interpreter and a customer-centric mentality as well as a passion for multilingual communication and technology. This is an opportunity for them to step into the industry and gain interpreting exposure to high-level companies.
• Coordination of freelance interpreters for meetings and events (checking their availability, distributing offers of work, confirming their assignments for meetings and events, drawing up contracts, distributing documents, receiving invoices, verifying credentials and answering queries from interpreters)
• Providing interpretation at product demos and/or events
• Hosting online orientation and training workshops for fellow conference interpreters to enable effective KUDO partnerships
• Verifying interpreter aptitude for assignments in KUDO and assisting in their onboarding by way of webinars and sound-checks for interpreters
• Maintaining a database of freelance interpreters and running queries against that roster
• Maintaining and keeping up-to-date an inventory of upcoming events requiring interpretation
• Occasional translation and localization tasks, as needed
• Additional administrative and general duties in support of interpretation-related activities
• Testing and brainstorming of new tools for interpreters
• Creating a strong community of KUDO interpreters
• Well-organized with attention to detail
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
• Exceptional presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Consistent access to a reliable internet connection
• Conference interpretation and written translation experience
What We Offer
✅ An opportunity to work at a mission-driven organization where your efforts directly help break down language barriers.
✅ The experience of working with an incredibly diverse and international team spread across 20+ countries.
✅ An open and transparent company culture where individual and overall company performance is talked about and shared.
✅ A front-row seat at seeing what a growing team and business looks like.
✅ Remote company setting with autonomy, flexibility, and great benefits including annual learning and development reimbursement, generous PTO, and setting you up with the hardware you need upon joining KUDO.
The principles of diversity and inclusion are essential to the success of KUDO. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity in our employees, and we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
KUDO will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Our "Remote" positions may be done in the region they are posted in with the exception of Colorado due to local Colorado posting requirements
Interpretation Intern - Native Japanese Speaker (Remote in Asia, Paid) Tokyo jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.