SBS Melbourne VIC Australia
3 weeks ago
At SBS, we embrace difference, and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We also acknowledge the unique contribution that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples make to our society and our workplace through their enduring and continued connection to land, sea, sky and community.
SBS is one of the world's most unique and innovative media organisations, producing trusted, meaningful and engaging content that exists for all Australians to inspire, support and celebrate the diversity of our multicultural society.
Our purpose, for the last 40 years, has reflected and explored the evolving diversity of Australia, investing in initiatives to deepen its connections with communities, sharing their stories and giving a voice to those often unheard, with the aim of increasing understanding and respect of the differences that make up Australia.
SBS is a truly distinctive network, showcasing multicultural, multilingual and First Nations stories otherwise... untold in the Australian media.
You’ll be part of a team which delivers distinctive cross platform stories of the highest editorial standards that highlight Australia’s multicultural nature and celebrate diversity.
Reporting into the Production Manager within our News and Current Affairs (NACA) team this role will see you contributing to the on-going success.
• You will be identifying, arranging, and carrying out interviews as well as chasing exclusive and distinctive elements of stories in the field and from the office
• The ability to conduct interviews which will uncover key details of investigations both locally and internationally
• Ability to engage with communities along with stakeholders
• High attention to detail with a positive approach
It is a requirement of this role that incumbents are fully vaccinated with two approved Covid-19 vaccinations in line with the ATAGI guidelines. We do however have a medical exemption process and we would be happy to discuss your application should this be applicable to you.
You might want to consider what other opportunities this could lead to down the track.
You will have broadcast reporting experience, and will provide content across all of our news platforms: TV, radio, and online.
The role demands journalists with a background and knowledge of international and domestic events. In addition you will have a sound understanding of stories which resonate with our diverse audiences, and knowledge of SBS Charter and SBS Code of Conduct.
Understanding the importance of social media and driving content online is a key part of the role.
An ability to travel for breaking news coverage and work a 7 day shift work roster is essential.
Feel like you meet most, but perhaps not all the criteria listed? Then, send through your detail as whilst we have specific requirements in mind we can look at how we can bridge the gaps!
Some of the reasons to consider working with us
• The people! a genuine sense of feeling included (we truly celebrate and welcome difference!) and being part of one of the most inclusive companies in Australia!
• The culture and the engagement of our workforce, we are proud to have an employee engagement score of 82% with low levels of employee turnover.
• A brand that is not only recognisable but trusted and established, we have been broadcasting for over 40 years and we’re not done yet!
• We offer a range of benefits from, health care checks, salary packaging, Employee Assistance Programme, flexible work arrangements and for our Sydney based employee’s free gym membership!
• We also love to promote from within! we have allocated funds to do just that and help with training gaps when moving from role to role.
• Want to learn more? Then hit apply and take the first step to applying for not just another job but a possible whole new career!
Want to learn more? Then hit apply and take the first step to applying not just for another job but a possible whole new career in a purpose led organisation!
Not quite the right role for you? No problem, how about popping your details into our talent pool? Email us at [email protected] to let us know what roles would be of interest to you and we will keep you informed of when they arise! (If you no longer want to be listed in our talent pool, then just email us and let us know and we will remove your detail).
For other opportunities within our organisation please visit our careers website SBS Careers - Working at SBS
SBS recognises that everyone is unique, and you might require some adjustments to ensure you have the best opportunity to apply and put your skills forward for consideration. If we can make some adjustments to the SBS recruitment/interview process to better enable you to shine, then please contact [email protected] and let us know.
Adjustments include but are not limited to; alternative application methods, interview setups, physical requirements, guidance for trans or gender diverse applicants, specific interview availability times and more.
To find out more about reasonable adjustments with SBS, please view our video here.
We are shortlisting applications as they come in, so don’t delay, apply today!
To apply online, please go to http://sbs.com.au/careers
Melbourne VIC Australia
Jobs in Melbourne VIC Australia
Cross Platform Journalist - Melbourne Melbourne VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.