Marks and Spencer Greece
Marks and Spencer Greece Athens Greece
2 weeks ago
In the Accountant role your job is to:
• Provide assistance to the Accounting Manager and the Head of Finance in achieving accurate and timely accounting information, financial controls and financial process improvements
• Provide assistance in achieving compliance of business transactions with local tax requirements
• Identify and document accounting treatment (capital or expense) for projects
• Process payroll postings and reconciling payroll accounts
• Liaise with budget holders in order to achieve timely and accurate accounting for fixed assets
• Record fixed asset acquisitions and disposals in the accounting system
• Calculate depreciation for management, statutory and tax purposes
• Proceed to month end reconciliation of Fixed Assets Register and General Ledger across all ledgers
• Prepare invoices of B2B Customers
• Prepare invoices for Online sales
• Process statements and incoming payments for B2B Customers and Online sales
• Perform the Reconciliation of B2B and Online sales... and resolve discrepancies
• Post relevant entries (local vendor invoices, local utilities invoices)
• Support in the Statutory and UK audit
• Contribute to the preparation of the Financial Statements
• Prepare the TP list
• Support on My Data Requirements
• Prepare periodic tax reports to Greek tax authorities (including withholding taxes, advertising tax, etc.), monthly balance of payments report for Bank of Greece, monthly Intrastat report, monthly VIES report, quarterly list of agreements for filing to the tax authorities
• Maintain the Daily Cash flow
• Perform monthly Intercompany Reconciliations
• Support in the Operating Plan and Forecasts of the Financial Controller and Head of Finance
• Provide with ad hoc analysis to the Head of the Finance
• Support the Head of Finance with the design, enhancement, implementation and documentation of the Key Financial Controls as per the Group requirements
We’re on the hunt for..
A super organised individual, who cares about every little detail and can juggle an exciting mix of tasks all at once.
A strong written and verbal communication professional.
An individual able to adapt to changing priorities.
An experienced professional with:
• minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in an accounting department of a multinational company, preferably in the Retail Sector
• good Knowledge of IFRS and local GAAP University Degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance
• experience in SAP
• very Good Knowledge of MS Office with emphasis in Excel
If you have all of the above and you are also a university graduate and fluent in English submit your application.
We’re always eager to make the most of your talents, so if you’re interested in bringing these to a new area of the business, here is your career opportunity
Accountant ( temporary assignment ) Athens jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.