Cox Communications Pine Lake GA Georgia
1 week ago
Cox Communication is searching for a Network Design Engineer to join the Connected Home Engineering group. This position will have a focus on integration of new Customer Premise modem and router devices into our evolving access distribution networks, especially coaxial networks but also including fiber and fixed wireless access. The Connected Home Engineering group is responsible for designing... network solutions for residential and business customers that deliver state of the art internet, video, automation, security, and voice products. These designs draw on a variety of devices including modems, small routers & gateways, WiFi extenders, video clients, sensors, and control panels, using a variety of physical WAN and LAN media including DOCSIS, Ethernet, WiFi, LTE (cellular), LORA, Zigbee, and others.
• Evaluate new generations of Customer Premise Equipment for compatibility with new access distribution networks technology covering new coaxial plant technologies (e.g. DOCSIS 4.0, high-split, and extended spectrum), fiber (PON), and fixed wireless access.
• Install and evaluate new firmware images, track defects and resolution, and track updates of production devices.
• Contribute to solution designs for both our Residential and Commercial Services product areas that achieve our Product groups' roadmap goals for new features and services.
• Establish device and system requirements, build and test prototype systems, assist with creation of lifecycle test strategy, and troubleshoot issues that affect internal and external customers.
• Support certification of retail CPE devices to ensure compatibility with access network design, provisioning schema, and that only high quality, cutting-edge devices are promoted to Cox subscribers in retail channels.
• Requires a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline and a minimum of 4 years of experience as an engineer and/or Cloud IT space, OR Master's of Science in a related discipline + 2 years of experience, OR PhD + 1 year of relevant experience.
• Experience with Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking concepts and practices.
• Experience with Layer 1 WAN media for network devices including DOCSIS, PON, Ethernet.
• Experience with cable / MSO or other Internet Provider operations, devices, and products.
• Experience in a hands-on technology lab environment installing new firmware images, running debug tools, remotely accessing devices, network testing such as speed and latency tests.
• Ability to organize & summarize complex information to persuade, build consensus, and aid decision making.
• Strong critical thinking skills to aid troubleshooting & data interpretation, and to establish test approaches.
• Comfortable working in a complex organizational environment using a variety of Project- and Product Management approaches
• Basic coding or scripting experience, especially Python and JAVA.
• Direct experience with OAM&P protocols such as SNMP, TR-69, WebPA.
• Experience with Linux-based systems such as servers or Raspberry Pi hosts.
• Project experience using cellular/LTE technologies to deliver services beyond those offered by the cellular provider
• Experience with Security/Surveillance and Automation products & their technologies (cameras, sensors, remotes, ZigBee, etc.)
• Understanding of how higher network layers factor into overall service and product delivery, especially protocols such as DHCP, DNS, and tunneling protocols such as VPNs and GRE.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes
Pine Lake GA USA
Senior Customer Premises Design Engineer Pine Lake jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.