Nucamp New York NY United States
2 weeks ago
Nucamp (www.nucamp.co (https://www.nucamp.co/)), a top-rated and most affordable coding bootcamps in the US, is seeking a junior to mid-level software engineer in Web Development to join the team as a Web Developer and Evangelist in the New York, New York area.
Every day, you'll use your passion to help students achieve their goal of becoming a developer. Our business is built upon helping... communities succeed; your passion for bringing the best learning experience to students in your community is the first prerequisite for being a Web Developer and Evangelist with Nucamp.
As an Evangelist, you will host free coding workshops in your local community to help attendees figure out if this is a career they want to pursue while promoting pathways to learn to code, including Nucamp. This is the perfect position for someone interested in community development through education. You will support adult students of diverse careers, educational backgrounds, and cultures as they learn about the awesome world of programming.
Nucamp's mission is to offer affordable, career-changing programs for professional adults seeking the skills they need for the career they want. We are bringing together ambassadors, local teaching assistants, students, and an excellent curriculum and pedagogy structure, to make it happen. You can play a significant role in helping your community while earning income and enhancing your resume.
• Represent and evangelize the Nucamp brand in your local tech community, supporting Nucamp's social mission.
• Contribute your expertise and passion for growing your local tech community while building your network of business partners, bootcamp-curious individuals, workshop attendees, and prospective students.
• Partner with local businesses, non-profit organizations, high schools, and colleges to offer coding education to their constituents.
• Host and teach free workshops in your community (at least monthly) to introduce bootcamp-curious adults to coding concepts and help them learn about bootcamp options.
• Nurture your contacts both individual and corporate or non-profit to create a continuous stream of workshop attendees.
• Follow up with workshop attendees through registration to graduation, keeping them motivated to complete their learning journey while being responsive to their needs.
• We're seeking individuals with 1+ year of knowledge in the languages and frameworks we teach through our bootcamps.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to network, plan and host events, engage with audiences of all sizes, and build communities.
• Must have substantial public speaking experience.
• Teaching experience is highly desirable.
• This is a contract position to join Nucamp as a Web Developer and Evangelist, and become a member of the Nucamp Ambassador Community.
• Part-time and full-time opportunities are available.
• You'll work from home and host events in your local community.
• You'll learn transferable skills in sales and marketing, social media influencing, project and event management, and data analysis.
• You'll be part of an international business community with the opportunity to work with other ambassadors and content creators.
• You'll be a change-maker with a direct and lasting impact on the careers and lives of people in your community, helping to make high-tech job re-skilling affordable and accessible for everyone.
• $60 to 120 per hour.
• Depending on the number of attendees reached, the number of attendees who register with Nucamp, and other criteria
New York NY USA
Jobs in New York NY United States
Web Developer & Evangelist - New York, New York jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.