Innovations for Poverty
Innovations for Poverty Mexico City CDMX Mexico
2 weeks ago
Innovations for Poverty Action Mexico is seeking a highly motivated and qualified Research Analyst with outstanding project management, data analysis, people management, and communication skills to support the implementation of rigorous impact evaluations. This is an excellent opportunity to combine significant project management experience with involvement in cutting-edge development research on a dynamic and passionate team.
As an ideal candidate, you not only have a solid technical foundation in impact evaluation methodology, but you can also independently guide and direct the activities that happen both upstream and downstream of any rigorous, randomized evaluation. You enjoy contributing to high-performing teams that drive the production of the highest quality research for our clients and partners. You excel in solving problems using clear, strategic, and creative thinking. You have a strong social acumen and are excited about the opportunity to broaden, deepen, and manage... meaningful relationships with high-level clients and partners across the public, academic, non-governmental, and multilateral sectors.
The Research Analyst will perform a variety of tasks related to managing day-to-day research activities, from planning to implementation, and monitoring quality. These include, but are not limited to:
• Supervising and monitoring data collection to ensure high-quality of the data.
• Supporting data quality checks and fixing issues with data collected during data collection.
• Assisting in data cleaning and preliminary analysis and ensuring ready access to all data for researchers and/or supervisors.
• Documenting in detail all activities related to the project.
• Maintaining accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary.
• Preparing high-quality progress and results reports to Principal Investigators (PI), research partners, and funding agencies, and sharing them timely.
• Providing timely updates and responses to partner organizations, and participating in meetings with key stakeholders.
• Providing training and supervision for research project (Field Manager) staff.
• Education: bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, or other quantitative social science disciplines.
• Quantitative Skills: Strong technical understanding of economics and econometrics required. Demonstrated proficiency in Stata, and experience with data management, data cleaning, and regression analysis.
• A minimum of 1 year of work experience is required. Experience managing field staff in developing countries strongly preferred.
• Ability to collaborate among geographically and culturally diverse teams to drive common goals.
• Interculturally-versed to build capacity, work with, and live in Mexico;
• Excellent management and organizational skills.
• Ability to successfully complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines, required.
• Communication Skills: Attention to detail and advanced writing and presentation skills are required.
• Language: Fluent in English and Spanish required.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 600 leading academics to conduct over 900 evaluations in 52 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
IPA's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI)
As an organization, IPA is dedicated to improving the lives of the world's most vulnerable populations through evidence and policy. We also recognize how important it is for our staff to reflect the diversity of the places where we work and the communities we work with. As such, IPA is committed to hiring from a diverse pool of candidates, from a range of backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, and perspectives. We know that this makes our work stronger and more responsive to the challenges faced by those we work with and for and we encourage people from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Click here to learn more about IPA’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Mexico City CDMX Mexico
Jobs in Mexico City CDMX Mexico
Research Analyst, Mexico Mexico City jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.