American Heart Association
American Heart Association Durham NC United States
2 weeks ago
Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career...
The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for a Program Consultant in our Quality, Outcomes, Research and Analytics (QORA) department!
This position can be home based.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as additional training and support, locally.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn , Instagram , Facebook , Twitter , and at heart.org.
You will be responsible for providing Get with The Guidelines® (GWTG) and certification program(s) advanced account services and building on established relationships with hospital, health system, and/or National Corporate customers as well as EMS agencies and outpatient and/or post-acute facilities. Responsible for leading post-sales process, customer retention, and activities to insure excellence and attention to details of the sales support and service effort. Also, responsible for daily operations and implementation of client supported projects, program, or promotion, including issue management, tracking, and reporting on achievement to defined goals. Demonstrate knowledge of Quality Improvement skills related to program and products and have the aptitude to acquire a working knowledge of Information Technology as it relates to the program/product after training. Able to apply knowledge to the field of account management responsibility.
• Engage with clients at hospitals, healthcare systems, post-acute facilities, ambulatory/outpatient settings, or EMS organizations to implement and deliver program and product services, including active data collection, decision support tools, best practice sharing, quality improvement consultation, and how to build a program site team/infrastructure for success
• Provide exceptional account support to build and maintain a positive relationship in collaboration with region American Heart Association staff and leadership. Review program participation and opportunities for expansion into additional quality programs. Skilled in seeking out program/product champions at the customer site, relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers/influencers in C-suite or executive service line positions as well as essential relationships with front line leaders and data abstractors
• Organize, plan, and deliver both accredited and non-accredited workshops
• Collaborate with sales team on the development and implementation of comprehensive territory/state plans to achieve organizational goals, generate revenue and reduce health disparities
• Document activities in customer relationship management tools such as Microsoft Dynamics. Provide access and delivery of information through GWTG Registry Platform and other Health IT systems. Record and report on account interactions and execution of the supported initiative including tracking progress and reporting
• Consult with appropriate hospital teams to identify and resolve quality measures compliance issues and facilitate program participation progress and optimization of program and product value and return on investment
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• Required to reside in the Eastern or Central time zones of USA
• Two (2) – Five (5) years of proven experience
• Experience in an acute care hospital working directly on cardiovascular clinical quality or process improvement projects, or a national cardiac clinical quality improvement program that incorporates data capture within process improvement framework.
• Experience in hospital/healthcare systems for Cardiovascular services, including coronary artery disease (STEMI/N-STEMI), Resuscitation, Heart Failure, and/or Atrial Fibrillation
• Excellent skills in advanced PowerPoint, Word and Excel and delivering presentations to both large and small groups
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Confident in working virtually with customers through platforms such as MS Teams and Zoom
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Ability to travel up to 30% local and overnight stay
• Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) or Certified Health Education Specialist, or a clinical degree
• Lean and Six Sigma skills are a plus
• Experience in collaborative learning groups
• Experience in healthcare quality improvement systems
• Familiarity with Systems of Care work or understanding of EMS, Payers, CMS, and other aspects of a continuum of cardiovascular patient care from pre-hospital to post-acute care
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
• Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
• Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
• Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
• Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
• Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
• Tuition Assistance - We support the career development of all employees. This program provides financial assistance to employees who wish to further their education and career in relation to their current duties and responsibilities, or for potential future positions in the organization.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Join our Talent Community!
Join our Talent Community to receive updates on new opportunities and future events.
Posted Date 2 days ago (5/12/2023 2:05 PM)
Requisition ID 2023-10496
Job Category Health Strategies
Additional Locations Diversity Distribution Southeast
Position Type Full Time
Durham NC USA
Jobs in Durham NC United States
Program Consultant, Health Care Quality Durham jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.