Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (Queensland)
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (Queensland) Australia Australia
2 weeks ago
• Independently conduct and oversee activities to achieve efficient and effective delivery of preparedness goals working in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions.
This May Include
• addressing issues of high biosecurity risk/complexity and/or requiring a level of specialist technical capability
• contributing high level technical understanding of local biosecurity issues to strategic planning;
• drawing on knowledge of field-based monitoring, surveillance, auditing and treatment activities relevant to biosecurity
• prioritising workplace health and safety for yourself and your team
• development of training materials and scenario-based exercises which build biosecurity response capability.
• As defined in the relevant preparedness strategies and business plans, independently undertake and oversee tasks contributing to the protection of the Queensland biosecurity system.
Associated Tasks May Include
• undertaking reviews... data/information gathering, recording and analysis
• providing authoritative technical advice to internal stakeholders
• Drive the establishment and maintenance of effective working relationships internally, and with local stakeholders to facilitate effective biosecurity system risk management.
This May Include
• providing respected, authoritative technical advice on complex issues.
• presenting information aligned to Queensland government policy at local and state forums/committees/community events and/or
• providing quality training to internal and external stakeholders to improve their capabilities.
• Where required, directly supervise the work of a small team of Biosecurity Officers to ensure tasks are undertaken correctly and safely.
• responsibility for cultivating effective teamwork.
• planning and managing teamwork priorities to meet defined deliverables.
• recognising and escalating issues when necessary; and
• associated corporate governance compliance and people management duties (HR policy, WHS management, leave, timesheets etc.).
• Through participation in an active professional development program, maintain currency and extend own capabilities in relevant legislation and specialist emergency response or technical fields. Where relevant, this may include fundamental development of leadership capabilities.
• As a leader (within your technical area and/or of a team), model and nurture a positive team culture and actively contribute to team capability development by coaching and guiding colleagues and sharing your knowledge, skills and experience.
• Undertaking and reporting on team-based quality assurance processes.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply
Senior Biosecurity Officer (Preparedness) Australia jobs
Jobs by Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (Queensland)
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.