Earthchild Project Cape Town South Africa
1 week ago
Opportunity closing date: 19th May 2023
Opportunity type: Full-time Employment
Start Date: July 2023
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Founded in 2007, Earthchild Project (ECP) operates in under-resourced schools in Cape Town. We aim to nurture and inspire resilient Earthchildren who are deeply connected to and take positive action for themselves, the environment and their communities. Our holistic education programmes focus on life skills, wellness and the environment, working with teachers, children and youth.
ECP works across eight primary schools in Khayelitsha and Lavender Hill, reaching over 4500 children and 100 teachers every week. We run various programmes, including yoga, worm farming, eco clubs, leadership training, holiday programmes, camps, and teacher training.
We are seeking a highly motivated Communications and Marketing Manager to join our team. This exciting role will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to raise... ECP’s profile, increase engagement with all stakeholders, spread ECP’s reach and increase revenue generation.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive communications and marketing plan aligned with the organization's goals and overall strategy.
• Manage and grow the organization's website, social media channels, and other digital platforms to ensure timely and engaging content.
• Developing and executing SEO strategies
• Develop and implement media relations strategies to promote the organization's mission and programmes to local and international media outlets.
• Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders, including donors, partners, ambassadors, and community members.
• Develop and oversee the production of marketing and promotional materials, such as flyers, videos and donor thank you’s.
• Develop and manage campaigns to increase awareness and support of the organization's programmes and events.
• Plan and manage events, both in person and online, such as the Annual General Meetings, fundraising and launch events.
• Develop a database management system and communications plan and manage ongoing communications with stakeholders such as individual givers, volunteers and donors.
• Manage and grow our Ambassador Programme, through relationship building, content creation and campaign opportunities.
• Develop and manage the annual communications and marketing budget.
• Line management of a virtual assistant
• Conduct market research to stay abreast of industry trends and best practices, and apply insights to improve the organization's marketing and communication efforts.
• Prepare regular reports for the Director and Board of Directors on the progress and impact of communications and marketing efforts.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or a related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in communications and marketing, preferably in the non-profit sector.
• A verifiable track record of successful communication and marketing strategy implementation
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to tailor messages to different audiences.
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Experience in managing websites, social media channels, and other digital platforms.
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and techniques.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to collaborate with colleagues across different departments.
• Alignment with our ECP values of ‘integrity, quality relationships, learning & growing, creating meaningful & sustainable change, and being conscious & aware.’
• Code 08 Drivers Licence and own vehicle
If you are a strategic and creative thinker with a passion for communications and marketing, and a commitment to making a positive impact in the community, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
How to Apply
Please put your ‘Name & Surname –Communications and Marketing Manager’ in the subject line, and email the following to [email protected]:
Your CV in PDF format
Motivational letter in MS Word format (maximum two pages) - please share why joining the ECP team excites and inspires you and why you’d be the best person for the job.
The due date for applications is 19th May 2023. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us by 9th June 2023. All questions about the details of the position and compensation will be answered after we reach out to you to discuss your submission
Cape Town South Africa
Jobs in Cape Town South Africa
Communications and Marketing Manager Cape Town jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.