ACT Health Canberra ACT Australia
2 weeks ago
Canberra Health Services
Women Youth and Children
Women Youth and Children Community Health
Maternal and Child Health Registered Nurse and /or Registered Midwife
Registered Nurse Level 2/Registered Midwife Level 2
Base Annual Salary
$100,957 - $107,000
Sally Haseler, (02) 51241701 [email protected]
25 May 2023
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person-centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary, and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. More information can be found on the CHS... website: www.canberrahealthservices.act.gov.au
Women, Youth and Children Community Health Programs deliver a range of primary health care community-based services to children, families and women. These services include support, education and information; counselling, assessment and screening; early identification and referral; and the delivery of public health programs. Services are delivered within a multidisciplinary context if not by a multi-disciplinary team
Maternal and Child Health (MACH) Services deliver a range of universal and targeted services for newborns, young children and their parents/carers. These services aim to support early identification and intervention for child development concerns; and information and support for parenting. This is the only child and family health service across the ACT
Maternal & Child Health nurses/midwives are supported by the National Framework for Universal Child & Family Health services. MACH Nurses/midwives are guided by the seven standards outlined in the National Standards of Practice for Maternal Child and Family Health nurses in Australia (2017).
Maternal and Child Health (MACH) nurses/midwives support families by working in the model of Family Partnership to provide support, information and health advice within a multidisciplinary context.
All MACH nurses/midwives deliver services across the ACT from health centre locations to outreach clinic sites.
Supporting families, parents, and carers to build skills and confidence in their parenting role is a core element of the ACT Children and Young People Plan 2015-2025. The WYCCHP seeks to contribute to this objective by providing MACH support for families with a primary health care approach, recognising the importance of optimal health and physical and mental wellbeing of parents and other primary carers. Universal child and family health services also contribute to the health of the general population through health promotion and preventive health initiatives such as breastfeeding promotion immunisation programs, child safety and parenting support.
An exciting opportunity has become available for experienced Registered Nurses and /or Midwives, level 2, with a certificate/diploma in Child and Family health qualifications, to join our Maternal, Child and Family team and become a part of our family-friendly and supportive culture.
As a registered nurse and /or midwife with Child and Family Health, you will have the chance to work with a dedicated team providing a range of services, including universal home visits, breastfeeding support, parenting and emotional wellbeing, and early childhood development support and information.
Joining our team means being a part of an organization that values your skills and expertise, and supports your personal and professional growth. You'll have access to ongoing training and development opportunities, as well as the chance to work with professionals who are committed to providing the highest quality of care to mothers, babies and their family.
If you're a experienced registered nurse and/or midwife, with a certificate/diploma in Child and Family Health qualifications, who is passionate about providing high-quality care and looking for an exciting opportunity to develop your career further, we encourage you to apply to join our team at Maternal and Child Health in the ACT.
Under limited direction of the Clinical Nurse/Midwife Manager you will perform your role collaboratively across the ACT.
• Provide high quality direct clinical care to clients in the maternal and child health context in accordance with primary health care principles and practices, and incorporating the vision, mission and goals of Canberra Health Services.
• Effectively communicate with children and their families to accurately assess health needs to plan, implement and evaluate interventions in accordance with existing practice standards, health promotion and illness/injury prevention strategies.
• Assume responsibility for professional self-development in accordance with AHPRA requirements and demonstrate commitment to life-long learning. Actively participate in professional activities and forums related to clinical nursing practice and decision making, health promotion, quality improvement, education and the development of maternal and child health policy.
• Ensure a sound evidence base for clinical practice through appraisal and utilisation of contemporary research findings.
• Demonstrate a commitment to, and an understanding of the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards and ensuring a positive patient experience. Practice in accordance with the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council’s Code of Professional Conduct, Code of Ethics for Nurses in Australia and relevant, validated professional practice competencies.
• Demonstrate leadership and autonomy, foster collegial relationships and role model professional behaviours within the WYCCHP and across CHS, as well as demonstrating a commitment to proactively seeking solutions when issues arise.
• Actively contribute to education, support, clinical supervision and preceptorship of new staff and students in the maternal and child health care context.
• Undertake other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operation of the organisation.
CHS is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, or Questioning (LGBTIQ) are particularly encouraged to apply.
• Strong organisational skills with a high degree of drive and able to contribute positively to team culture.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates kindness to colleagues and clients.
• Adaptability and flexibility to accommodate change and provide responsive services to meet clients’ needs.
• Registered Nurse and /or Registered Midwife with relevant post graduate Qualifications in Child and Family health nursing
• Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
• CHS is leading the drive to digitally transform health service delivery in Australia through the implementation of a territory wide Digital Health Record. Computer literacy skills are required which are relevant to this role as you will be responsible for completing required documentation and becoming a proficient user of the Digital Health Record and/or other Information Technology systems; once proficient, you will need to remain current with changes, updates and contingencies.
• Hold a current driver’s licence.
• Relevant further tertiary qualifications are highly desirable, including midwifery, paediatrics and education.
• Family Partnership Model Training (or commitment to complete training, Circle of Security Training, International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant
• Have an understanding of how the National Standards and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) indicators align with this role.
• Fulfil the responsibilities of this role as detailed in the CHS Exceptional Care Framework, Clinical Governance Framework, Partnering With Consumers Framework and all other related frameworks.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
• Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
• Comply with Canberra Health Services Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy.
• Provide the names of two referees, including a current manager.
WHAT YOU REQUIRE
These are the key selection criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your curriculum vitae and experience:
• Proven comprehensive experience in maternal and child health within the context of a diverse primary health care setting. Demonstrated expertise in the assessment of physical, emotional and psychological family needs, and the subsequent planning, implementation and evaluation of interventions, with a strong focus on working in partnership with clients.
• Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with clients, families and colleagues, based on recognition of team priorities, with ability to explore a range of solutions to problems within the context of primary health care in a multidisciplinary setting.
• Demonstrated competence in the use of Information Technology in health service provision, such as a patient identification system, including the use of data collection and reporting systems such as an electronic health record.
• Demonstrated commitment to the provision of evidence-based clinical practice and adheres to Quality standards in clinical practise. Ability to conduct quality improvement activities that promote best professional practice and improved health outcomes and contribute to policy development and audit processes.
• Demonstrates understanding of, and adherence to, safety and quality standards, work, health and safety (WH&S) and the positive patient experience. Displays behaviour consistent with CHS’s values of reliable, progressive, respectful and kind.
HOW TO APPLY / OR WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment system. Applications must include a copy of a current curriculum vitae, and
• A response to the selection criteria under “What You Require”.
Where possible include specific relevant examples of your work.
This recruitment may be appointed from application only.
CHS Contact: Sally Haseler, (02) 51241701 [email protected]
Canberra ACT Australia
Jobs in Canberra ACT Australia
Maternal and Child Health Registered Nurse and /or Registered... Canberra ACT jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.