Jabil Careers Ottawa Canada
2 weeks ago
Develops and implements production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most efficient manner for new and existing photonic packaging (assembly) processes. Monitors the assembly process; troubleshoots problem processes and assisting in resolving quality issues. Is the technical expert on various projects/productions jobs and process as required.
Specific technical areas that apply are laser attach, fiber attach, wire-bonding, flip-chip, seam sealing and others. The successful candidates will work closely with other Jabil locations, notably Penang, Malaysia but also Wuhan, China and San Jose, USA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· May lead the startup of new/existing projects/production jobs, optimizing cost, efficiency and quality.
· May lead the process control and maintain appropriate documentation.
· Monitor the assembly process running in production; troubleshoot problems associated with processes, and assist in resolving quality... issues.
· Establish detailed processes for new product lines; document product development and changes; evaluate new product performance; and monitor new tool design.
· Debug significant complex problems in new systems, tooling and automation.
· Design major experiments to enhance processes as well as improve yields and utilization through reduced cycle and efficient set-up.
· Lead and implement major maintenance changes in process improvements; propose or specify repair alteration of automation while ensuring adequate documentation is maintained.
· Provide functional and technical mentoring to process technicians and other process engineers.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment; supporting all company safety programs and initiatives.
· Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· Apply and support Lean Manufacturing principles.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor or Masters degree, or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 5 years experience in related area.
- Willing to travel as required.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
J2357472-IL-Canada-Photonics Packaging Engineer Ottawa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.