ING Cluj-Napoca Romania
2 weeks ago
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca.
With the help of over 1600 engineers, risk, and operations professionals, we offer 130 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1300 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration, Core Banking, and Global Products.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedis encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded... people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania: The Mission
In our tribe, we apply analytics & AI solutions for the KYC, Fraud & Cybersecurity domains and create advanced analytics applications and models. These models are used to mitigate, detect and to effectively tackle the risk of financial crime for our customers and our society, making us a safer and more compliant bank. Our tribe consists of more than two dozen data scientists, engineers, data analysts, and customer journey experts, working together to deliver innovative solutions in our domain across multiple countries.
We are looking for a senior data scientist to join our tribe to join the fight against financial crime. Your day to day
Even if you’ll start your day from the comfort of your home or drink your morning coffee in our office’s garden, your day will be quite similar when comes to tasks. Here are your daily responsibilities:
• Develop an expertise in applying machine learning techniques for outlier and fraud detection, representation learning, entity resolution, and network & graph applications.
• Adopt best practices and quality standards for developing & deploying fit-for-purpose model pipelines, addressing the requirements of the ING model governance.
• Be an effective member of a model development & implementation squad, challenge the status quo and build what matters.
• Actively learn about our domain, reach out to our stakeholders, and tell captivating stories with our data to create a journey that makes our bank and our society safer.
What you’ll bring to the team
• Experience: You have at least 5 years of (global) work experience in the Data Science space (methods, technology, data) including statistical modelling and machine learning experience to solve business questions and/or develop (innovative) data driven products
• Tech stack/ knowledge:
• Python – advanced programmer,
• Machine Learning: modeling such as Classification, Regression, Clustering, Unsupervised methods, Text Mining. excellent understanding of Random Forests, Gradient Boosting, Neural Networks, Logistic Regression, SVM, KNN, K-Means, etc. Parametric and non-parametric statistics
• You can explain complicated subjects clearly
• You are friendly and approachable and can mentor junior data scientists
• Your enthusiasm is visible, and you are good with mobilizing people for our data driven purpose
• You are motivated to keep on top of the latest developments
• Nice to have:
• Spark is a plus
• Experience in applying data science to prevent and detect financial crimes (e.g. internal/external fraud, money laundering, terrorism financing, tax evasion,) is a strong advantage
• Foreign languages: English (advanced)
• Education: MSc or PhD with excellent academic results in the field of Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Econometrics or similar
What’s in it for you
• Annual Performance Bonus up to two salaries
• Extra vacation days depending on the total length of working experience
• Flextime – our own way of working
• Monthly budget on Benefit platform
• Growth opportunities
• Defining a clear career path on short/ mid/ long term and identify the competencies you need to build/ develop to reach the next level: vertically – towards a managerial position or horizontally – towards an expert or architect level, locally or globally
• Internal mobility is encouraged
• Possibility to access International Short-Term Assignments or Long-Term Assignments
• Upskilling/ reskilling programs
• Learning & Development opportunities
• Annual training & certifications budget
• Pluralsight & e-learning platforms
• CSR activities: tree planting, coding lessons for teenagers etc
Senior Data Scientist – KYC, Fraud and Cybersecurity tribe @ING... Cluj-Napoca jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.