World Food Programme(WFP)
World Food Programme(WFP) Dar es Salaam Tanzania
3 weeks ago
JOB TITLE: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Monitoring Specialist)
TYPE OF CONTRACT: International Consultancy
GRADE: LEVEL I
UNIT/DIVISION: VAM/M&E WFP Tanzania
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (including field visits)
DURATION: 4 months
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can... access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Tanzania developed its Second-Generation Country Strategic Plan (2G CSP), running from July 2022 to June 2027, premised on a comprehensive consultation process and an analysis of key threats to food security and nutrition in the country. WFP interventions will focus on strengthening disaster risk management capacities of the government systems and enhancing climate change adaptation through rehabilitating/restoring degraded lands through community asset creation, strengthening early warning, anticipatory action, and provision of climate services at the national and subnational levels by 2030. The CSP contributes to the Government of Tanzania’s second phase of the agricultural sector development programme (ASDP II) and its objective to “transform subsistence smallholders into sustainable commercial farmers”. Tanzania Third Five Years and National Development Plan (TFYDP III) among other things aims to attain high quality livelihood for its people through ensuring food security and self-sufficiency as well as promoting universal access to safe water.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A university degree in a field relevant to measurement (statistics, research, evaluation, econometrics), resilience or food security.
Experience: At least 3 to 5 years of experience in field monitoring, evaluation and/or vulnerability analysis and mapping (VAM)
Languages: Fluency in English is required. Swahili is an asset.
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Monitoring Specialist) report to the Head of Monitoring & Evaluation/VAM and s/he is likely to be part of a team where senior support is readily available and may supervise a small number of junior staff to ensure that activities and project objectives are achieved in full.
Support monitoring and evaluation activities within a country of field office, ensuring that WFP programmes generate quality evidence on the outcomes and effects of WFP’s food assistance activities on the lives of beneficiaries with which to inform operational decision making and strategic reorientation.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Develop the capacity of CO colleagues to generate evidence for resilience and capacity strengthening programmes.
2. Under technical supervision of RB monitoring, develop and implement monitoring plans including identification of indicators and data collection methodology.
3. Lead on complex data analysis (quantitative, qualitative and/or mixed methods) and supporting visualizations. Examples may include analysing for causal attribution using Theory of Change (ToCs) and other methods; aggregating data across groups; and analysing across comparison groups (example with VAM population data).
4. Work with Monitoring and Programming colleagues to generate high-quality evidence products that inform programming with evidence-based insights and actionable recommendations.
5. Incorporate gender and social inclusion perspectives in all areas of work. This includes giving deliberate consideration to ensuring that experiences of women, youth, elderly, and a range of groups are represented in resilience measurement and evidence.
6. Other accountabilities as agreed.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
Over a duration of 4 months, the Monitoring Specialist is expected to deliver the following outputs:
1. A draft strategy for monitoring resilience and capacity strengthening within the CSP
2. A minimum of two evidence products are developed.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge & Skills:
1. Relevant skills and experience in the field monitoring processes, including selecting indicators, training enumerators, sampling, data collection, data analysis, data visualization and reporting.
2. Advanced skills and experience in quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis and data visualisation and related software for example: SPSS, R or Python, STATA, Tableau Atlas.ti, Nvivo or MAXQDA. Skills and experience in designing Theory of Change.
3. A deep understanding of resilience and capacity strengthening measurement principles and approaches.
4. An understanding of WFP's resilience policy and resilience programmes.
5. Advanced skills in training, capacity building, coaching and troubleshooting.
6. Advanced skills and experience in generating evidence-based insights and supporting programme learning.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS CONTINUED
7. Advanced skills and experience in developing and/or improving monitoring guidance, resources and tools.
8. Skills and experience in supporting global networks, communities of practice or working groups through cross-learning, peer exchanges and peer reviews.
9. Ability to form strong working relationships and a collaborative work culture while working remotely with colleagues.
10. Strong writing and communication skills.
11. Ability to work effectively both in-person and remotely. Ability to working on online collaborative workspaces, example Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, etc
Dar es Salaam Tanzania
Jobs in Dar es Salaam Tanzania
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Monitoring Specialist) Dar es Salaam jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.