StepChange Debt Charity
StepChange Debt Charity Chester IL United States
3 weeks ago
Do you want fulfilling and rewarding work that will positively change lives?
We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate empathy, great communications skills, and a non-judgemental approach to join our Operations team as a debt advisor. You'll provide expert debt advice to callers in our contact centres...
Our clients come from a variety of backgrounds and are located across the UK, and we reflect this in our workplace, one where you’re valued for being yourself. It’s the people we help and our colleagues who make us who we are – a truly inclusive organisation.
Starting at £23,000 with the potential for increase up to £27,500, depending on performance and development criteria being met
Where you’ll work:
During training, you will work a mixture of home working and office based in our Chester office. Debt advisors work 35 hours a week and after training you can choose to participate in flexible home working (subject to meeting criteria) which is currently a minimum of 2 days per month in the office.
Please note: You'll need to be able to attend in full during the periods 7th August to 18th August and 16th October to 10th November with no holidays, appointments or clashes.
• Fully paid training in our academy before you start supporting clients
• 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays.
• The opportunity to buy and sell annual leave
• A personal career plan and ongoing training and development and support with role-related professional subscriptions and qualifications
• Travel season ticket loans
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Group pension scheme
• Group Company Life Assurance
• Westfield Health cash plan with employee discounts in high street shops
• Vitality at Work health and wellbeing
• Employee assistance programme
• Access to financial planning and advice
• 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
• Long service awards
What you’ll be doing:
• Talking with callers dealing with problem debt or helping current clients to complete annual or change of circumstances reviews
• Working as part of a team to support our clients
• Handling a high volume of calls in a fast-paced environment
• Working in an FCA regulated environment
• Meeting set targets on performance
What you’ll bring:
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to handle challenging conversations
• Computer literacy
• Problem solving skills
• Attention to detail
• Emotional resilience
Don’t worry if you don’t have all the skills or experience required – our comprehensive training will give you these.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are incredibly important to us; we have a culture of belonging. We’re always looking to increase the diversity of our workforce to ensure we can provide the best service possible for everyone. It’s not just about the professional experience you bring – we’re interested in who you are and your potential. If there’s an adjustment to our recruitment process that would help you to be your best, speak to our team and they’ll be happy to help
Chester IL USA
Jobs in Chester IL United States
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.