Qatar Airways Doha Qatar
2 weeks ago
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as Culinary Development Manager. This role is based in Doha, Qatar.
In this role you will be responsible to translate the Qatar Airways brand characteristics into a world-leading airline cuisine product. To be successful in this role you will need to provide specialist support on the development of innovative menus and all service components by providing practical and hands-on support to suppliers and the broader Catering Services Team to ensure delivery of a five star product as standard network-wide.
You will need to understand the impacts of any menu changes made to the broader department i.e. equipment, financial, galley packing - reviewing durability of menus and appropriateness for gaining an appreciation of the airline industry processes and how that needs to influence the menu design to ensure the highest customer experience is received on-board.
Furthermore, you will ensure a greater customer satisfaction... with a higher standard in quality will be achieved by understanding customer profiles, market trends and the rigorous preparation processes airline catering needs to go through from a quality and safety aspect. To track and report on compliance to QR standards and support the delivery of all aspects of QR’s Food and Beverage (F&B) offer as required.
Specific accountabilities for this role include:
• Responsible for providing robust culinary support to the development process of new menus for selected group of stations/caterers ensuring compliance within defined parameters.
• Define and develop detailed recipes and product specifications for each individual menu component as required.
• Monitor and report across product quality and performance worldwide with regards to food and beverage delivery with detailed reports to colleagues and senior management to build and drive delivery of improved consistency of QR food and beverage.
• Actively monitors cost impacts and seeks out brand alliance opportunities to enhance the customer offering whilst mitigating cost.
• Responsible for reviewing the quality and consistency of all F&B documentation such as menu grids and plating guides.
• Responsible for providing hands-on support for internal/external events as per required.
• Evaluates alternative supply opportunities from an operational perspective providing analysis as appropriate to support business decisions and recommendations.
• Engages with suppliers to develop central sourcing and other supply opportunities in all markets to improve product consistency and reduce cost.
• Works directly with suppliers and teams to deliver the QR food vision, style and standards against clear plans and carries out frequent checks of inbound/outbound food, reporting results to ensure delivery is to specification i.e. offload analysis.
• Translates the Qatar Airways food and beverage philosophy into appropriate menus reflecting the cuisine characteristics of one or more specific culinary regions.
• Responsible to ensure the accurate documentation of recipes, techniques / tips and inspiration in the Qatar Airways food and beverage manual
• Responsible for ensuring the accurate preparation of appropriate menu card documentation to effectively and efficiently communicate the content of the cuisine to customers.
• Develop and manage menu structures, sector service matrices, ratios and menu concepts to reflect the customer profiles of Qatar Airways and ensure that complete information is provided to the catering team so that the product can be realised in production and to maximise customer satisfaction.
• Work with Qatar Airways Marketing and Media departments as and when required, show casing the Qatar Airways culinary flare i.e. filming and photography.
• Research new developments in cuisine and implement innovative recipes, techniques, culinary styles and presentation techniques into cuisine offering.
• Monitor customer and crew feedback to identify opportunities to improve the dining proposition.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible.
To be successful in this role, you will need a bachelor’s degree in hotel management or Culinary arts combined with a minimum of seven years of experience in a similar role. Moreover, you will need to be a certified Chef to be considered for this positon.
Ability to work under pressure is essential to be successful in this role and to multi-task.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
How to apply
If you are ready to apply, please go ahead and submit your application by uploading your CV and completing our short application form
Culinary Development Manager Doha jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.