United Nations Children's Fund
United Nations Children's Fund Italy Italy
3 weeks ago
Since 2016, UNICEF is responding to the unique needs of adolescents and young people who are seeking asylum in Europe, on the move, stranded or pushed back. The operation established in Italy aims to provides support to the Government of Italy on children and young migrants and refugees, to ensure timely, equal and appropriate care, protection and support for their social inclusion, as part of the Regional Migrant and Refugee Response.
In Italy, UNICEF’s country office is implementing three main programmes. The Youth & Adolescent Development programme focuses on participation and skills building activities to guarantee Unaccompanied Minors (UASC) and young migrants and refugees have access to key information, have their voices heard and are empowered to take the lead and have the skills and competencies needed for their social inclusion in Italy. The focus of the Child Protection and Gender-Based Violence programmes is access to key life protecting information, promotion of uptake of... services, identification and referral of at-risk boys and girls to relevant services, including psychosocial assistance, GBV services and access to alternative care and guardianship.
Scope of the work:
Communication for awareness raising on the needs of vulnerable children and adolescents in Italy and on the promotion of a positive narrative has been a key feature of all 3 programme areas and has grown exponentially over the past 5 years.
Working closely with the Communication Assistant, the consultant will contribute to the implementation of the communication strategy and plan through media co-production and resource mobilization efforts for the co-production of awareness raising contents.
Tasks under this consultancy:
Under the supervision of the Communication Assistant, the consultant will undertake the following in accordance with UNICEF’s most recent global brand guidelines:
Identify opportunities to increase the visibility of the Refugee and Migrant programme through new media and streaming channels on demand on Italian and European channels (i.e. Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video, Discovery Channel, etc);
• Pitch stories related to RM response;
• Securing at least 2 media co-productions on relevant channels featuring UNICEF’s work;
• Support resource mobilization through the production of new communication formats;
• Support the organization/participation of a media event/opportunity if required;
• The consultancy is for 100 days between 1 June 2023 and 31 December 2023, with possibility of extension. The consultant will work in close collaboration with and report to the Communication assistant of the Migrant and Refugee Response. UNICEF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related subjects
• At least seven years of professional experience in communication, print, broadcast and/or new media
• Previous professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast and/or new media– including streaming channels on demand - and journalists across Italy
• Ability to work under pressure, within tight deadlines, and to deliver time-sensitive high-quality work
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Fluency in Italian and English is required
• Media experience in the field of emergency and cooperation will be considered an asset
• Proven experience with relevant media channels and journalists across Europe will be considered an asset
• Previous experience with the work on migration issues will be considered an asset
• Previous experience with UNICEF or other UN Agencies will be considered an asset.
Media Advisor Consultant Italy jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.