Salessense Galway Ireland
2 weeks ago
Maintain, troubleshoot, install and develop enterprise level MS SQL database systems.
• Education: Degree in Computing
• At least 2 years DBA experience in a high transaction 24*7 environment, supporting both development and production databases within a busy business operation.
• Proficient at analysing Information
• Excellent SQL Server database administration & development skills including T-SQL and Stored Procedures.
• Deep knowledge and experience of replication, disaster recovery, high-availability clusters, backup etc.
• Software Design, Debugging, Documentation, Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Development Fundamentals, Development Process and Requirements
• Excellent database design and analysis skills and data analysis experience.
• 1+ years experience in a MS SQL Database Developer role with proficiency in writing T-SQL and Stored Procedures.
• Provide day-to-day DBA operational support.
• Capacity planning, monitoring, auditing, database/application performance... optimization.
• Proactively suggest/implement database and application patches, new releases and take role in future system design and direction.
• Installing and maintaining MS SQL servers running latest edition in an enterprise level production environment.
• Proactively improving/troubleshooting system performance.
• Planning backup and recovery of databases.
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and
• work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Design, Develop, Test, Debug and deliver new products and features.
• Develop, update and apply procedures supporting company's data security and integrity policies and regulations.
• Design, develop and deploy reporting solutions.
• Configuring, deploying and maintaining database servers.
• Guide development team on efficient coding and best practices.
• Assist with effort estimates and project schedules.
• Enhance and maintain system functionality.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, and code.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Provides information by collecting, analysing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Cross train with and support IT administrator.
• Complete some analytics and report development.
Nice to Have:
• Knowledge of monitoring, optimizing, maintaining security controls, and troubleshooting cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS).
• Experience designing, implementing, and managing AWS-based infrastructure using infrastructure as code tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform.
• Tableau development experience.
• SQL Development experience
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.